Server Security - Understanding the Reasons with Possible Error Rectifying Measures
- Author Adam Gilley
- Published February 19, 2010
- Word count 528
Server security has become vulnerable to the threats in the web environment. Hackers are on the lookout for the web server security breach to enter malicious software that gets installed automatically. It is important to look into the server security issues and provide solutions for optimum server security as it is the backbone of a website and making server security less vulnerable which is our prime responsibility only if we want to flourish without fail in the World Wide Web. There is a need to take heed of the possibilities of a hacking process that poses danger on the server security.
Web applications developed to ease of development and testing procedures offer privileges with no such restrictions and such privileges done on live production server poses a great threat for mischievous users to access it and hack it instantly and harm the server security. Similarly, the privileges on the file and network services by means of the service software can induce a malicious user to access sensitive areas like the website and its database, the web application files, backend data etc, and create a server security breach issue. It is therefore wise on the part of the web master to provide least privileges for utmost server security.
User accounts can also keep certain server security holes as open access for hackers to barge in to pose a threat over the server security. The default user accounts when not in use should be deactivated or other wise it can pose a threat over server security. The names for the administrative accounts should be changed and not to be given to other users so as to guarantee complete server security. Correct authentication and privileges solves half of the problem and server security is guaranteed.
There is the need to get specialized in current security trends on the Internet; gaining experience to enable us to identify potential threats that might bring down your Internet hosts. There are full security auditing services offered for all UNIX-like operating systems (such as Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris etc.) and for all other Internet services. The security auditing should include within itself 24/7 live support, scanners for threat identification and terminating server security threats and errors from its root, periodical check, performance optimization and systematic troubleshooting tactics in case of grievous error occurrences. The scanners installed in the system should scan the web applications and perform advanced server security checks against the open ports and network services as well. The next best thing is also to check which ports are open or not by accessing your ISP Configuration Portscanner and can open only the ports you need for your services.
The expert team performing server security checks should have the ability to customize audits by controlling access to remote systems, comprehensive reporting facilities must be catered in order to ascertain open IP ports and network weaknesses, behavior of port scans, flexibility to schedule audits, give suggestions on newer server security measures implemented for ultimate server security. What more? Many websites offer security seals that perform standard and advanced audits to ensure proper server security making it less hacking prone.
Visit for more information at http://www.techrate.com
Adam Gilley, the writer for this article, brings forth the reasons that make server security vulnerable and what to do to avoid such occurrences to happen that save you for hard days to arrive later in order to make server security hacker safe. Visit for more info at [http://www.techrate.com](http://www.techrate.com)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?