Credit Card Leaders: Visa and American Express
- Author Fabiola Groshan
- Published May 8, 2007
- Word count 536
When it came to getting a credit card, millions of consumers all over the world chose Visa cards, which allows them to manage their finances in a better way, while enabling them to choose a system of payment for their purchases, either in increments over time or at the end of each month. Visa cardholders are offered the opportunity to pay for their purchases in the manner and at the time that work best for them.
Getting a Visa card can only be possible after you have contacted one of the banks that issue Visa cards. The good news is that the Visa cards are so widely spread all over the world that chances are you’ll find such an organization quite close to you.
The types of cards offered by Visa through its issuing members are credit cards, debit cards and prepaid cards.
With a Visa debit card, the customer can have access to his/her money regardless of their location as long as they see a Visa symbol. The money is deducted from their balance, with no interest. There are many advantages to using a card, such as saving the trip to the bank or the need to queue up for a cash dispenser, or being safer than carrying money. When you lose money, it’s gone forever. However, if you should happen to lose your Visa card, it can be stopped as soon as it has been declared lost or stolen, and be replaced afterwards.
The are several types of Visa debit cards, including Visa Electron, most popular in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East and ideal for a wide range of customers as it has in-built security features; Visa Classic, designed for those who use their cards everywhere, be it the real world, the Internet or by telephone; Visa Gold, whose most important benefit is that your card or cash, or both of them, can be replaced, should it be lost or stolen; and Visa Platinum, designed for high-spenders who can enjoy its top-level services.
Visa prepaid cards allow consumers to control spending, as well as to send money home, pay for their trips, teach their children money management, or even give it as a gift.
With Visa credit cards customers are offered a whole new world of possibilities, being exceptionally reliable and convenient.
Another company best known for its businesses with credit cards, charge cards and traveler’s cheques is American Express, or ‘Amex’.
American Express issues a great variety of credit cards, each with specific benefits, so as to please and meet the needs of all their customers. Consumers can choose from the American Express Card, America Express Gold Card, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Platinum Card, Blue form American Express, and so forth. The remarkable benefits of the American Express credit cards include personal service and attention at an exceptional level, use membership points for traveling, shopping and entertainment, access to entertainment events, special travel privileges, and many more.
The American Express Gift Cards have special offers from participating merchants and retailers all over the nation. The American Express Gift Cards can be purchased for any occasion, and in an easy manner, as they are available online.
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash