5 Things You Should Know to Keep Your PC Safe
- Author Jordan V.
- Published April 14, 2010
- Word count 465
Nowadays, it is hard to find a single household without a single computer, laptop or netbook. In some cases, they even have all three at the same time. This is due to the drastic changes we have in this technological era where all we need to survive is a personal computer and a broadband or wireless connection.
Needless to say, there are some people who are well content with their PC as long as they can surf, watch, listen, encode, download and play.
However, there are some other things that people should be aware of regarding their computers to avoid losing important files and programs.
Here are some things that are frequently taken for granted about their computers which should be given immediate attention:
People enjoy downloading a lot. It could really be fun, especially with movies, music and games but you have to be really careful. These are vehicles for malwares and viruses to enter your unit and at the same time could make your PC slower due to pop-ups and memory space needed. There's nothing wrong with downloading files, just make sure to have it from secured sites and keep your anti-virus up to date. Get Internet Help if ever you are having troubles, trying to finding a solution on your own might even give you a worse headache.
Leaving your administrator password blank. This could make it easier for Trojan viruses to remotely connect to their computer and for hackers to take control of your files and the computer itself. This is the reason why it is a must for everyone to set an 8-character password, which contains numbers or uppercase letters, as a protector for their unit. A Spyware and Virus Removal service is also of help to prevent this from happening.
Running the defragment utility. This should be done at least once every one to two months. The defragment utility will help ensure that your files are located at the right place on the hard drive and should boost the overall speed of your computer.
Keep magnets away from your computer and discs. Magnets can delete or erase files.
Properly shutting down the computer is a must. You might be late for an appointment or something but please turn off your computer safely and completely. This might take a few minutes of your time but it could save you from the agony of losing your files or damaging your hard wares. Always close all the programs before shutting down.
Computers can be really helpful, no doubt about that, but can also be very destructive. Not taking the time to keep your PC safe and protected from dangerous viruses and malwares could lead to your computers destruction. Hence, having back-up files and a computer clean up is also a big MUST.
Visit www.pleasehelpme.com for instant, online computer support!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection