How to Remove Security Essentials 2010
- Author James Langer
- Published May 23, 2010
- Word count 418
Security Essential 2010 is a rogue anti-spyware program from the family of Internet Security 2010. This malware is installed in PC by Trojans which pretend to be Flash update claiming to be an essential software to view video online. When a user clicks on this so-called 'Flash Update' program, instead of helping in watching videos online, it installs other malware and spyware in the PC.
As an example – C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss32.exe is a similar Trojan that hijacks desktop with security warning, displays pop-ups with messages ‘you are infected’ which are actually fake messages. And at last it installs Security Essentials 2010.
While Security Essentials 2010 is running, you will be shown nag screens and fake security warnings from Windows task bar. Some of the warnings:
. Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous.
. Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your computer.
. Click here to protect your computer.
. Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC.
. It's highly recommended you scan your PC right now.
Danger quotient – Once Security Essentials 2010 gets installed on your PC, it automatically starts updating itself the moment you logs in. This also shows off pop-ups stating about numerous infections on your PC. When you try to uninstall of remove this program, it flaunts a message that says "you need to purchase the program first in order to remove it." But all such messages are fraudulent acts which at the end of the day result in your loss.
Security Essentials 2010 files and registry values:
. %StartMenu%\Security essentials 2010.lnk
. %Desktop%\Security essentials 2010.lnk
Registry keys and values:
. "Security essentials 2010"
. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "smss32.exe"
How to remove it - There are many steps that can be conducted to remove security Essentials 2010 from your PC.
Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key.
Download one of the good and legitimate anti-malware applications and run a quick system scan. Don't forget to update it first. All programs a free.
If your PC is also infected from Security Essentials 2010 issues and you are not able to remove it yourself, you may look for online help and support. PCCare247.com is a provider of online/ on call technical support service which offers extensive range of support on malware, spy ware and virus removal issues.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?