College Student Credit Cards: Friend or Foe?
- Author Max Anderson
- Published July 5, 2007
- Word count 437
There is much debate surrounding college student credit cards. Some swear up and down that they're a disaster waiting to happen while others vehemently object and insist they are a must-have financial tool for college students. Which side is right?
When deciding whether college student credit cards are good or bad, you need to weigh the facts. These three truths will help you come to your own conclusion.
- Aggressive Marketing
College student credit cards have gotten a bad rap when it comes to their marketing tactics -- and some would say that it's for good reason. You can't hit a single college campus without coming across at least one application for college student credit cards.
That being said, while the applications are definitely readily available (to put it lightly), no one is forcing college students to sign the application. It's the responsibility of a parent to instruct their children on wise financial decisions.
The credit card companies are marketing their product -- that's what they do. Parents need to do their part and make sure that they instruct their children in the ways of the credit world.
- They've Got to Grow Up Sometime
Everyone has to grow up sooner or later and college student credit cards can provide some priceless lessons in the world of adult finance. For the first time, college students can be responsible for their own spending and their own monthly bills.
Yes, college student credit cards can provide the potential for disaster (but so can a number of situations that students encounter in college). Just because student credit cards have the potential to be misused, it doesn't mean that they will be. Have some faith in today's college students!
- Paving the Way
Once a college student graduates, they're going to need some things (a place to live and a car to name a few) and they're going to need credit to get the things they need. If they don't start building their credit history in college, when are they supposed to do it?
If a college student wants to be completely prepared when they graduate, they're going to need to work on building a solid credit history while they're in school. College student credit cards can be the means to that end.
If you know a college student (or are a college student) who has been debating about whether college student credit cards are good or bad, consider the above three facts and remember, it's not college student credit cards themselves that are good are bad -- it is who is using them and how they are being used that make the difference.
For more tips on student credit cards, saving money and avoiding getting taken, check out CreditCardTipsEtc.com, a website that specializes in providing credit card tips, advice and resources.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash