Self-Improvement → Goal Setting
- Author Eric Seidelman
- Published June 25, 2007
- Word count 468
"If you don't know where you're going, you'll never get there."How many of us have fallen victim at one point or another to not setting goals? Unfortunately, it's a sad truth that most American's don't set any worthwhile goals. For the most part people are content with just getting by and as a result, the goals they set do just enough to "get by". What if you made the decision to go a different route and set huge worthwhile goals? What would be possible for you and your life if all of sudden your goal in life was far greater than getting by? I'm not referring to "world peace" or "ending hunger", although those are absolutely worthy goals, it makes more sense to start a little closer to home. What about providing more than enough for you and your family? Giving back to your community? Setting up a quality after school program? Make $100,000 a year for the first time. It doesn't matter what your goal is, the point is… make one. Harvard business school did a study years ago that followed a group of former students after graduation. They surveyed the students before graduation and multiple times after graduation over a long period of time. The research from this study showed that only 3 of the students who set those goals were the ones who had accomplished the most by the end of the study. Of those 3 of people became homeless and unemployed, but there was a drastic difference between the two groups of students. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Goals are the basis for all achievement. Without them, you are merely spinning your wheels with no real direction in which to go. Whether you are an entrepreneur or an employee, begin now to set goals, write them out, focus on them every day until you become passionate about achieving them. If you find it difficult to become passionate about the goals you've created for yourself… create new ones. Think BIG. Goals are meant to stretch the imagination, they are meant to go beyond what is reasonable and into what is incredible. If you are able to create big goals which you are passionate about, if you focus on these goals each and every day and if you take action that will move you in the direction of these goals, amazing things will start to happen. You will notice changes in your life. People around you will notice changes in you and the results in your life will show that. If you are satisfied "just getting by" in life, then maybe this article won't appeal to you. But if there is any area of your life which you feel could be better, then begin now to set some goals for yourself in that particular area of life.
Eric Seidelman is a successful home business entrepreneur. He has assisted hundreds of people achieve their personal and financial goals through a lucrative, inspiring and simple home business system. To learn more about Eric Seidelman and how you can begin achieving the life you truly desire, visit - www.Discover-Your-Life.bizArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
- The types of courage
- How to Quit a Minimum Wage Job: A Step-by-Step Guide to Move Forward
- Purposeful Self Care
- Developing your goals for the New Year
- Setting New Years Resolutions that Stick
- Achieve Your Wildest Dreams in 2023: Simplify Your Goals and Live a Happy Lifestyle with This Goal Setting Worksheet!
- Why choose plumbing as a career?
- Living a Meaningful Life
- How Smiling More Can Benefit Your Well-Being
- Giving Up Utopia
- Decision Making and Wisdom
- What to Ask Before You Hire A Chicago Life Coach
- 7 Steps Goal Setting System
- 5 Productivity Hacks To Get More Done
- Six Ingredients of a Perfect Goal
- How to Get Freelance Writing Job
- What is your true passion [Self assessment guide]
- What is Behavior-Based Goal Setting?
- A New Year & A New Career
- Museums and the Marathon Man
- Start Again Today
- Reaching Your Goals Begins Here
- What is Your Word-of-the-Year for 2015?
- Essential Life Skills You Could Master This Summer
- Enhance Self Esteem - How Your DNA Could Be Involved?
- Youngest Entrepreneurs - Keeley Tillotson and Erika Welsh
- How To Generate Ideas For Greatness
- "Life With Woody" ten inspiring quotes than can strengthen your self
- Conquer The Obstacles to Achieving Your Goals In Life
- Poor Qualities to Avoid If you'd like to Realize All your Goals