Living Without Regrets
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published July 20, 2010
- Word count 553
I always think of the song "Non Je ne regrette rien", which Edith Piaf was famous for singing, whenever I visit Paris. It is of course a French song, and well known, so that easily explains why it popped into my head whilst sitting in the airplane en route to Paris.
Its words prompted me to ask the question of how to live one's life without regrets. What are the key parameters or guidelines which are needed so as to live life to the full and to regret little? Perhaps one way in which we might begin an examination of this topic is to first identify the sorts of things which we might regret.
We might regret not having spoken up and said what we were thinking, or perhaps not told somebody we loved them more often. We might regret not having "been there" to help and to care more frequently or more consistently. In either of these wishes it in unlikely that we would regret the opposite. We might well regret having hurt someone but would rejoice at having acted in a manner which made another person happy.
In relation to work, we might regret not having worked in a different way, or worked longer hours or fewer hours. We might regret that we missed opportunities to travel or opportunities to learn. Few of us ever feel that we travelled too much, learned too much or saw too much. We might regret that we did not approach life with more of a sense of balance.
I'm sure I could go on and on with these types of examples, but to me there is a common theme which can be pulled out from these examples; the most important things in life are to be thoughtful and caring to others, to do a good turn if you can but not to do a bad one. Alongside this it is important to learn and to grow and to grasp opportunities as and when they arise; we therefore need to possess the requisite levels of self-confidence so as to feel able to go for it.
This is why you often hear the phrase that the greatest gift you can give to your kids is confidence. With confidence the world is your oyster and you are less likely to live with regrets. In fact, confidence is also the greatest gift you can give to yourself.
Perhaps that sounds to be a strange concept to you? Perhaps you think that you cannot do anything to build your confidence? But you can build your own confidence, and it is an easier process than you might have expected.
Hypnosis allows you to access your subconscious mind which is the part which acts automatically and spontaneously. With hypnosis therefore you can change deep rooted beliefs about yourself and your abilities and your self-worth. Simply by listening to a hypnosis mp3 designed to build confidence you will find that you open your mind to far greater opportunities.
You can in his way give yourself the gift of confidence and sow the seeds which allow you to live your life without regrets.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnotherapy mp3s for confidence and well-being.
P.S. Please feel free to grab a free hypnosis mp3 from my website, designed to help you feel good.
With a degree in psychology and qualifications in hypnotherapy and NLP, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement. You can get a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and peruse her library of hypnotherapy mp3s for hypnosis confidence.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy