Change your Day--Change your Life
- Author June Stepansky
- Published August 25, 2021
- Word count 450
If you belong to that happy, lucky group of people in the world that like their lives just as they are than this article is not for you, but if you unfortunately belong to the group who is just getting through your day somehow and trying to survive until tomorrow, than there are probably things in your life that are not satisfying enough and are not bringing you the fulfillment you want and need. The next question would be “what are those things that would bring us the fulfillment we need?” The unsatisfying answer to that is that only you know what will make you happy. That is the life search of all of us-to find what makes us happy-a search that is often much harder than we think it will be.
A good way to start this life journey is to look at our day and become aware of what is happening in one 24 hour period. If we can learn how to make one day happier than we might have a blueprint for making each day, each week, each year, and ultimately our lives work better toward achieving a more fulfilling life. There are things in our day that we cannot change. If we work that takes up most of our day, but we can still put into each day some small pleasant things that can make each day better. We can plan better meals. We can plan a little relaxing time to do what we enjoy. We can plan some small contact with friends and family or some interesting hobby. The important word is plan. Nothing happens unless we think about and plan for it to happen. If each day has something to look forward to, it can make our lives more pleasant and more meaningful. Just work or just responsibilities can become exhausting and unfulfilling. Even if we really like our jobs, they can often be very stressful, so planning some pleasant things that we enjoy every day can help us cope better with all the stress in our lives.
If you decide that you want to see how to change your day, than take some spare moments to sit quietly and think about how you can improve Monday or Tuesday. Go through the days of the week and make a preliminary plan for each day. If your plan doesn't work well, than try doing something different until you have the right plan for each day. It sounds too easy, but it does take time and effort to change our days and make them better. The wonderful news that makes all this effort worth while is that a good day every day ultimately makes a good life.
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement and social and political issues. Her poetry has been published in the literary magazine Vol No 21 Childhood and in Vol No 22. Poems that Need to be Explained.
A Different Voice—free self-help book
Kaleidoscope—free poetry bookhttps://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- First Day of Middle School
- Need a Mood Boost? Here’s How Smiling Can Help!
- Get rid of the "If only" mindset
- Happiness is a Dynamic Tool to Increase Productivity in The Workplace
- The Search for Meaning
- “Happiness Hormones” – The reasons why it is so hard to achieve happiness by utilizing them
- The Secret to Happy Life
- The Strangest Thing Men Desire. (And how it can make him crazy for you.)
- Most 3 Things Men Do Want
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?