2012 Doomsday And The Arrival Of Planet X
- Author Ian Basford
- Published September 23, 2010
- Word count 503
The Mayan Long Count calendar, dating back to at least the 6th century BC, has greater significance to us today because the end-date for this calendar is fast approaching. The Mayan's were a particularly advanced civilization, and their calendar was one of their greatest achievements.
The ancient Mayan Long Count calendar ends on December 21st, 2012. Although this is obviously just a date and the calendar had to end sometime, rather than spiral into infinity, there is general uncertainty among many people as to what this means. Why does the calendar end on this specific date, and does it hold any significance for us?
Some people think that 2012 Doomsday will bring the end of the world, or at the very least we will see catastrophe and destruction on an epic scale. Let us not forget the wholesale panic and confusion that the approaching millennium brought us. The World was going to end on New Year's Day, 2000. Obviously it didn't, as we all lived to 'fear' another day. Now we need a new date to dread the approach of.
Many more people think that 2012 Doomsday might not be such a bad year and this date might bring a "new beginning", or a new enlightened era of human-kind.
The Mayan's were extraordinarily accurate when predicting the movements of the planets. One theory is that on this date in 2012, the planets of our solar system will align with the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
Another theory is that a rogue planet, called Planet X, will either collide with the Earth or come close enough to cause catastrophic destruction. Planet X, often referred to as the 12th Planet, is also called Nibiru - a name derived from author Zecharia Sitchin and his works on Sumerian and Babylonian mythology.
Nibiru is a planet-sized object that was first observed moving toward our solar system in the 1980s by scientists, although most scientists deny its existence. It is believed, by some people, to have already entered our solar system on a course that has brought it around the far side of the Sun, obscuring it from the Earth.
Beyond 2012 Doomsday:
The effects of a collision with the Earth would be disastrous. An asteroid colliding with the Earth would almost certainly result in an Extinction-Level Event, or ELE, but a planet-sized object hitting the Earth would probably result in the total destruction of our planet.
Fortunately, the chances of a collision are extremely remote. Probably as remote as you or I winning the lottery, but let's not forget that some people do win the lottery. Every week someone wins the lottery!
A near-miss would be unfortunate, but not fatal. The Result would be severe weather conditions, millions of deaths and probably a new Ice Age.
Looking on the bright side, most scientists don't believe that Planet X even exists. Even so, there are countless other ways for fate to get it's claws into us.
The year 2012 might pass uneventfully into 2013. It probably will – if we're lucky.
For more information on 2012 Doomsday, please take a look at [http://the-article-directory.com/index.php?page=article&article_id=60196](http://the-article-directory.com/index.php?page=article&article_id=60196)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stress of the Orthodox Paths
- Workaholism As Futile
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub