Are You The One Who Could Revolutionize the Entire World?
- Author Harry Warman
- Published December 26, 2010
- Word count 577
You alone could be the catalyst for entire global transformation. How is this possible, I hear you ask. Well here is a charming true story about social change, entitled "The 100th Monkey" that illustrates how a single individual in a fringe group could affect worldwide reform.
The Japanese monkey, Macaca Fuscata, an endangered species, had been observed in the wild for a period of over 30 years. Its dwindling colonies were at risk of starving to death on their sparsely vegetated island homes.
In 1952, on the island of Koshima, scientists commenced providing monkeys with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand by helicopter. The monkeys liked the taste of the raw sweet potatoes, but they found the dirty sand unpleasant. Many refuse to eat the offerings. Since a helicopter drop was the only feasible way to mass feed the colony, the technologists were at a loss as to what to do.
Observing a an 18-month-old female the researchers named Imo, they found she could solve the problem by washing the potatoes in a nearby stream. She taught this trick to her mother, then to her father. Her playmates also learned this new way and they taught their mothers and fathers too.
This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by various monkeys, before the eyes of the scientists. Between 1952 and 1958 all the young monkeys learned to wash the sandy sweet potatoes to make them more palatable. It seemed this colony had been saved.
Only the adults who imitated their children learned this social improvement. Other adults reluctantly kept eating the dirty sweet potatoes, some falling ill, a few even dying.
Then something startling took place. In the autumn of 1958 A certain number of Koshima monkeys were occupied, busily washing their sweet potatoes. The exact number of monkeys is not really known. For the purposes of the exercise, let us suppose that when the sun rose one morning there were 99 monkeys on Koshima Island who had learned to wash their sweet potatoes. Let us further suppose that later that morning, the hundredth monkey learned to wash her potatoes.
THEN IT HAPPENED!
By that evening almost everyone in the tribe was washing sweet potatoes before eating them. The added energy of this hundredth monkey somehow created an ideological breakthrough!
______A QUANTUM LEAP
But notice: A most surprising thing observed by these scientists was that the habit of washing sweet potatoes then jumped over the sea...Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop of monkeys at Takasakiyama also began washing their sweet potatoes.
Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind.
Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way, it may remain the conscious property of these people.
But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone!
For those of you who believe the world is headed for dire straits, take solace in this amazing phenomenon. There are many of us who sense that a new dawning of consciousness is about to arrive. Nay, a new dawn of consciousness is already at hand. All that is needed is a hundredth monkey to come forward and explode this new thought revolution into the rest of humanity.
Hungry for more? Drop what you're doing and click here for the best, most advanced, mind development resources in the business (many entirely free). Or drop by our sister site for even more mind bending stuff (and even more freebies)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stress of the Orthodox Paths
- Workaholism As Futile
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub