A Product of Your Decisions
- Author Crystal Dotson
- Published March 25, 2011
- Word count 593
Keeping in mind that life happens, and there are some things that you do not have control over, are you where you are in your life because of the decisions you have made? If your life is going in a positive direction, you are probably feeling pretty good about your decisions. If you are in a not so good place, you may be looking for someone or something to blame. You could blame parents, relatives, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, friends, children, even your boss or co-worker. It is true that any of these could have had an important role in the decisions, but the final decision in regards to you, was yours. Consider changing your perspective and take responsibility for where you are in your life.
Decisions that can affect your life start at an early age; as early as pre-teen or teenage years. Pre-teen or adult some decisions you make can affect you for the rest of your life. A decision not to go to school or study, have sex, unprotected sex, get involved in gangs or sell drugs. The result of those decisions respectfully could be poor grades, not graduating, pregnancy, disease or both, jail, death or both. A decision to get in or stay in a relationship could cost you financially, mentally and physically, it could cost you your self respect. A decision to hang out with the wrong people could cost you success. You can try something one time and it cost you years of your life or your life. Today and everyday, you have an opportunity to change your life, just by changing the decisions you make. Everyday presents you with new opportunity and choices, make the right choice, make the right decision.
If you are in Christ and you knowingly make a decision to sin and continue in that sin, the first thing that usually happens is that you do not want to be in the presence of God because of the conviction you feel. You are feeling that way usually because God loves you and has been so good to you and you consciously made a decision to step outside of his word. Now, you cannot hear from God. But God did not leave you, you left Him. So now that you cannot hear from God, you are on your own in the decision making process. So now many decisions YOU MAKE, you make all by yourself, without God. You are in trouble now!
The thing about sin is after you stay in it for a while, you start thinking it is okay or you just do not think about it at all. But you will.
Glendal McClure said there are three things that sin will do 1) take you farther than you want to go 2) keep you longer than you want to stay 3) cost you more than you want to pay. So when you think about where you are in life and say, I would never do this to myself. Think back, to the first decision you knowingly made to step outside of Gods will and remember many of the decisions you made after that you made without God.
Now! Thank God for this mercy and his grace that kept you through all of those poor choices and lead you back to Him. Let me suggest that you get up, dust yourself off, accept responsibility, repent and get back to the life God has planned for you. It is NOT too late. God said He would never leave you or forsake you and He has not.
My desire is that my speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that I may know how to answer every person. To bring healing to others with my words. Can We Talk?
Comments:http://www.seasonedsalt.blogspot.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This