Getting To Know Your Own Needs
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published April 26, 2011
- Word count 723
The Movie "Eat Pray Love" is based upon an individual's search to find herself. A growing number of people spend much of their time wondering who they really are and what their real life purpose is meant to be.
We in general live a life of luxury. There is little real hardship in the way that we live in the Western world today. We have more money, more creature comforts and a greater ability to pursue myriad activities both near to home and far away. When you are being deprived of basic necessities in life your focus inevitably remains glued to the task of survival; one doesn't have time to luxuriate in ponderings about who you are or what your life's purpose is. Your purpose is simply focused upon staying alive.
And so the more comfort you have in your life the more time you inevitably have with which to focus your attention upon things of a more philosophical nature. Ironically the more we have the more dissatisfied we appear to become as we simply move our focus on to different things. When, I wonder, will we as a community finally appreciate what we have got and allow ourselves to enjoy a feeling of balance and satisfaction in our lives?
Julia Roberts, in this movie, sets out on a course to find herself which takes her to Rome, India and Bali over the course of a year. In Rome she learns to enjoy food for its taste and not worry about calories or weight gain. She also learns to make platonic friends and to live alone instead of constantly being in one relationship or another. She's not totally at one with this new experience, but she's apparently learning from it.
In India she learns to meditate and to further relax her thoughts, to a certain degree. She feels a little more centered but still knows that her journey is not complete. On she moves to Bali. Here she has to face a challenge; can she enter a close relationship without losing herself once more?
I'm sure that many people could empathize with several of the emotional tussles which were being expressed in this movie. Many people wonder who they are or what they should be doing. Many more wonder where their soul mate is and how they are ever going to find them. Some people shy away from relationships because they feel they will lose themselves if they were to commit; others throw themselves into one relationship after another and find themselves molding their habits and behaviors to whoever they are with.
All of these scenarios reflect a certain amount of emotional conflict, instability or insecurity. The quest to find oneself frequently takes people away from home, in search of peace and quiet and tranquility. The fact remains that you find this peace only when your mind becomes peaceful; this does not necessarily mean you have to go away so as to find peace.
Having said this, sometimes one finds it easier to totally change their environment so as to break old habits. The thing to remember though is that you generally have to go home at some point and still have to take the peace which you have found back home with you too. Otherwise you have not achieved any long term resolution to emotional turmoil or insecurities.
And when it comes to relationships, if you have really found your peace, and found yourself, you will not fear losing yourself. You will feel confident and secure in being one of two whole people who share a relationship as opposed to being one small fraction of a whole. Fears are only ever borne from your own chosen (although often unconsciously so) perception of a situation.
An alternative approach to finding yourself is to take time examining your thought processes and expectations in life and then focus upon ways in which you could think more powerfully and productively. To feel balanced and satisfied in life you have to learn to feel happy with yourself as you are, to stop comparing yourself to others and instead to feel confident being you.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads to build confidence easily.
P.S. Discover how easy it is to focus your mind with hypnosis; grab yourself a free hypnosis mp3 from my website now.
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings