Chinese Medicine for my toddler? Really?
- Author Nichole Hirsch Kuechle
- Published May 2, 2011
- Word count 604
The past two weeks have been rough for our 3 year old. Naps and bedtimes have rendered her a killer diaper rash. You know the kind I’m talking about: you put them to bed or down for a nap with a soft little peachy bum and they wake with raging red blisters and you feel like Mother of the Year. The poor thing has had moments where it’s tough to walk because she’s so sore.
What We Have Done
I’ve been around the block a few times when it comes to raising babies, so a diaper rash isn’t something that gets me down, but this is ridiculous. I have gone through rash creams, we have done muscle testing and eliminated foods giving her difficulty (corn, wheat, dairy, chocolate, brown and white rice). We know there is no yeast issue, nor is there an infection, parasite, or bug present in her gut, which is simply down right inflamed. I have bathed her twice daily, let her run around naked and even attempted to extract breast milk while hand pumping to pat on her behind. Once I eliminated offending foods, she cleared up after one week. Then, because I am human and allowed myself to get frazzled, I mistakenly gave her a piece of sprouted wheat toast instead of gluten free toast and within two days the raging rash was back again. Now, experience tells me it will take up to a week to clear up, and the peanut will hardly let me wipe her tush.
My Light Bulb Moment-Yesterday
This morning, in between seeing clients, I thought to ask the acupuncturist at the studio I work out of what she thought of diaper rashes. Her feedback was fascinating. She gave me a list of foods that would be cooling to her system as the heat in her body is trying to escape and through wee ones it comes through their mouths or behinds. We talked about the foods I have eliminated and why that’s important on the level of eastern medicine and decided to use acupressure beads to help alleviate the rash by balancing out the heat in her body. I have had experience with these beads and they are just little tiny beads that stick to your skin…ears are the typical location for these as they correlate with different places on your body, and they work really well. Now, I’ll step away from this and report back tomorrow.
My Light Bulb Moment-Today
WOW. Not only is she more grounded and happy today, but her little hind end has gone from raging red to dark pink with no use of any rash cream since the acupressure beads. Where her skin was "open" there is now dry skin peeling away and her hot red hives have decreased in size. She is completely excited about her "buttons", the little moxa seeds that are used for the acupressure beads, and happily shows off and "pushes my buttons" as told to do by our acupuncturist. All in all, what an awesome experience. I would never have guessed that my three year old would have sat patiently for the three minutes it took to place each bead, but it didn’t take long for her to excitedly remove her thick wool socks to let us see her sweaty pink toes for proper placement of the beads on her feet. With just a handful of tiny beads on her feet, legs, tummy and ears, I am seeing a little one way more at peace than she was yesterday…and that equals one happy mama!
About the Author
Nichi Hirsch Kuechle supports moms during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and beyond as a health coach, craniosacral therapist and birth & postpartum doula in Minneapolis. She publishes a bi-monthly e-newsletter called Natural Family, which offers tips, ideas and resources for naturally raising your children. She also teaches a variety of live and virtual workshops. You can get Nichi's New Parent Tool Kit, for free, by going to: http://www.MyHealthyBeginning.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children
- Importance Of Children's Dramatic Play