Becoming Green For Your Infant
- Author Chad Burns
- Published May 2, 2011
- Word count 441
Being a ‘green’ parent can indicate that you are doing your part to help conserve natural resources, but more to the point it indicates that you are safeguarding your infant from poisons that could hurt them. Here are some tips to become a green parent.
As adults we process chemicals, but little ones have a hard time processing them. Our homes are filled with toxins that although not dangerous to us, but are often very damaging to newborns. Here are some tips on how to help get ready for your baby-to-be and be a green parent.
Painting the baby's room is one of the first things parents do to get ready for a newborn. Much time and consideration goes into finding the ideal theme and color. When it comes to paint for the walls, make sure that you use a low or no VOC paint. A typical paint has large amounts of volatile organic compounds that can be damaging to baby’s lungs.
You'd probably never consider of putting formaldehyde in your baby’s room. But that is exactly what happens in baby furniture that is constructed out of medium density fiberboard. The fiberboard off-gasses formaldehyde, which might cause asthma. If you buy antique furniture you want to ensure that you eliminate pieces of lead paint.
Among the best ways you can be a green parent would be to buy an organic baby's crib mattress. Organic items are made from toxin-free materials. A non-organic mattress comes from the factory with a lot of chemicals. This is noticeable by the smell. Should you choose chose to go with a non-organic crib mattress, ensure that you allow it to air out somewhere it can get fresh air, however, not directly outdoors.
Infants have very delicate skin, which is why cloth diapers are the best for them. Not only do disposable diapers fill landfills, they also off-gas. The 100% biodegradable inserts are great for dealing with the messes on the inside of cloth diapers.
A lot of new moms are obsessed about keeping the house and baby’s room clean. Cleaning is an effective thing, but what you clean with may not. Once you clean a room; go out then walk back in do you smell the chemical cleaners? If so that is not a good thing, those chemicals could possibly get into your baby’s lungs. There are many green cleaners that you can buy. They're much better for the environment and better for your health. Sometime chemicals aren't even needed. Considering the steam appliances out there it is possible to steam clean your home, getting rid of soil, grim and germs without chemicals.
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children