How to Protect Yourself from Acidic Thoughts
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published May 25, 2011
- Word count 477
If you are suffering from your own toxic thoughts or happen to be the focal point of another person's acidity you will appreciate how uncomfortable either of these circumstances can make you feel. The former you can more readily control; or rather, you should upon the face of it find it easier to control your own thoughts than those of another person.
When the acidity is festering in another person's mind but directed at you there is little you can do to change that happening; all that you can do is focus upon controlling your experience of it. You can always control your response to a situation, so long as you realize that this is possible. Where the acidity is caused by another, you have the ability to step back and side step the potential emotional impact.
You can do this in a variety of different ways. Personally speaking, I like to imagine myself protected by a suit of mirrored armor which simply reflects the negativity back in the direction whence it came. It's a simple and effective mental trick which allows you to escape feeling any emotional effect as a result of another person’s negative energy. You might also like to mentally send soothing energy towards that other person to assist them in feeling better.
But if those toxic emotions are festering inside you it can take a little more work on your part to learn how to detach yourself from those emotions, route them out and eject them from your life. This is however a very worthwhile task. If you don't set your mind to doing this for yourself, your own emotions will eat away at your happiness.
At what point do thoughts become toxic or acidic? Only you can answer this question for yourself, but your emotional experience will quickly tell you when your thoughts have stepped over the line from a general feeling of negativity to feeling that something is gnawing away at you. Everyone has ups and downs, but if your thoughts keep going back to something in the same way as a dog gnaws on an old bone they have become toxic and are no longer doing you any good.
Self hypnosis is a useful tool to use when you want to change your emotional experience and to learn to think about something in a different way. Self hypnosis is powerful as it allows you to access your subconscious mind and thereby alter your instinctive and automatic thought processes and emotional reactions. You can easily learn new ways of dealing with those things which used to gnaw away at your insides.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in self hypnosis mp3 downloads for health and well-being.
P.S. Discover how easy it is to take a step back and refocus your mind with hypnosis. Grab a free hypnosis download from my website now.
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings