The Importance of Rest and Relaxation
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published May 26, 2011
- Word count 523
For those of us who are used to being constantly on the go it is easy to forget what it actually feels like to kick back and truly relax. There are many things which we do that we kid ourselves are relaxing when in reality this is not the case.
For example, we tend to assume that sitting on the sofa and watching the television is true relaxation. By comparison to zooming around the house doing various jobs it is indeed relaxing. But watching a horror movie is clearly not as relaxing as lying on a sandy beach listening to the sound of gentle waves upon the shore. What I'm getting at here is that the things which we think of as relaxing are usually seen in this way merely as a matter of comparison to other tasks and activities which we view as jobs, necessities, etc.
Not only that, we tend to simply fit our relaxation time is only when everything else has been dealt with; it does not, for most of us, hold a position of priority. We just grab a few minutes to ourselves whenever we can do so. Ideally we should all put time aside to devote to true rest and relaxation but in reality few of us actually do so; we know it's importance but we tend to ignore it.
And so when we do grab those few "stolen moments" the most important thing, I believe, is to use this time wisely. Make sure that you do make the most of these precious moments. A couple of times recently I spent time in the garden, sitting back, enjoying the sunshine and the gentle breeze, doing absolutely nothing except enjoying the moment. I realized that I really hadn't done that for quite a while.
The benefits I felt were immense. I felt truly relaxed, calm and peaceful. This feeling should be actively sought and experienced by each and every one of us for some part of every day. We cannot always lie in the garden, or depend upon the sun putting in an appearance. What we can rely upon though is the power of our own minds.
We can, in our imaginations, create a perfect environment. As a child you will no doubt remember creating many an imaginary world for yourself and becoming absorbed in whatever scenario you were playing out. We have a natural ability, a natural talent, to imagine and clearly visualize situations. And this visualization triggers feelings that are very true and very real. The imaginary images which we choose to create result in the experiencing of real feelings.
And relaxation, calmness and peacefulness are feelings; feelings which are vital to our sense of well-being in this world. Hypnosis provides a mental environment whereby ones imagination and visualization skills become naturally enhanced, and so you can easily create a mental world where you can relax in an instant and reap the associated benefits.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads for health and well-being.
P.S. Discover how you can focus your mind and relax with hypnosis; grab a free hypnosis mp3 from my website now.
Grab a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and check out her library of self hypnosis downloads. With a degree in psychology and qualifications in hypnotherapy and NLP, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings