How to Choose Best Baby Formula
- Author Mare Nikolic
- Published June 5, 2011
- Word count 540
If you've decided on formula as the choice for feeding your baby, you might be a bit confused about all the choices.
What types of adapted milk are there?
In the market there are various types and varieties of artificial milk. They differ in the way of preparation, composition and age for babies, which are intended. For selection of the adapted milk consult pediatricians who monitor your baby.
Artificial milk for babies are made so that approximately resemble the composition of breast milk - adjust the ratio and type of protein, fat, sugar, salt and other nutrients. On the advice of a physician can also use the milk for your baby to have less gastrointestinal disorders such as cramps, gas and thin stools.
In the market there and milk that are fortified with vitamin D and iron, but they are intended for babies older than the fourth month.
When the baby goes to breast milk or standard formula to regular cow's milk, can drink milk with added iron, zinc, iodine and vitamin C and D.
There are even special adapted milk for those babies who are allergic to milk or have a metabolic disorder such as phenylketonuria.
Ready to mix
This milk is most prevalent in the market. Sold in powder or liquid and should be dissolved in conventional or sterilized water. This alternative is cheaper, but it takes more time to prepare.
Ready for pouring
This formula milk for babies is sold in cans of different sizes. Open a can and pour into a sterile bottle and so offer your baby.
Ready to use
Fast food for babies - This variant of milk is sold packaged in a bottle and is designed for one meal. The amount already prepared milk in the bottle is 125 or 250 ml. Just put pacifier on sterilized bottle and baby can eat.
In some cases where a child has some health problems, it is necessary to pay special attention to the selection of adapted milk because there are a variety of special formulas:
If your baby has diarrhea often, choose lactose - free formula or milk with low amount of lactose,
If there is intolerance to lactose and sucrose, it is a special milk formula which is based on soy milk,
Premature babies and babies who have an allergy to proteins in cow's milk to drink formula milk, based on the proteins from whey,
Children with coeliac disease, recommended milk formulas are gluten-free,
Children with phenylketonuria, formulas without phenylalanine,
In the case of allergies, it is soy milk formula, they does not contain lactose, for better filing.
Make sure that the composition of milk includes the following essential ingredients:
Taurine (amino acid), which is involved in the formation of brain tissue, retina, and the adoption of fat digestion, and the formation of immunity,
Lipids - which are also necessary for the formation of brain tissue and retina,
Whey - in mixtures which is based on cow's milk, it replaces the casein (milk protein), and such a formula is easily digested.
When you make a meal out of baby milk adapted always follow the manufacturer's instructions and be that consistent. When purchasing an artificial milk or water for making it, you should check the production date.
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children