How Much And What Should My Baby Eat
- Author Mare Nikolic
- Published June 9, 2011
- Word count 746
This is the first breast milk in which there are antibodies that your baby can not own more to produce and extremely nutrient. Colostrum helps the baby to empty the digestive tract of excess mucous. Baby will have to suck the milk because it is not only healthy for her but will also stimulate the milk builds up in your breast.
The first feedings are very small - about half a teaspoon.
Breast or formula milk
It is recommended that your baby's diet until the sixth month to be exclusively breast-feeding. If this is not possible, babies should eat artificial milk formula.
In the first month of the baby should be eating on request. This means that it is the breast (or a bottle) whenever it cry. During this period the baby will suck between 10 and 12 feedings. By the second month of life babies should eat about 400-900 ml of milk per day.
From the sixth week to the second month
This is a period when the baby settles down meals and you should cut of night feeding. Last breastfeed should be out in 23 hours. During the day baby should be fed on every three hours.
By the second month of life babies should eat about 400-900 ml of milk per day.
From three to four months
The baby should be exclusively breast fed or formula.
A baby at this age eats at least 700ml of up to 1.2 l of milk.
From five to six months
This is a period when the baby introduces a new food, not just milk. Food is being introduced gradually and in small amounts - one to two spoons a day. Always introduce only one type of food. Baby should get used to it from 3 to 7 days. First, give your baby fruit juice and fruit puree. After that, vegetables puree and puree from young meat.
The baby in this period baby can eat in one meal: 4 spoons of cereal, 30-60 ml of juice, 2-6 spoons of fruit purees, 4-7 spoons of vegetables purees, 1 tablespoon of meat. Daily intake of breast milk or adapted milk is a 750-900ml.
From seven to eight months
The child in this period still slowly introduces different foods, but also combine purées already accepted. Now baby can taste veal, egg yolks and liver. Yolk should be well cooked (5-7 minutes) and given gradually (1/8, ¼, ½ and then the whole). When the baby accepts the whole yolk it can be given twice in a week in combination with other foods.
The baby in this period can eat in one meal: 4-6 spoons of cereal, 120ml of juice, 6 spoons of fruit purées, 7 spoons of vegetable purées and 1 to 2 spoons of meat. Daily intake of breast milk or adapted milk at this age is 500-750ml.
From nine to ten months
In the ninth month the baby is introduced breakfast. From the tenth month, babies can eat broiled fish (trout, hake), soup of beans, peas or green beans.
The baby in this period can eat in one meal: half a slice of bread, 8-12 spoons of cereal, 120 ml of juice, 7-8 spoons of fruit purées, 7-8 spoons of vegetable purées and 3 to 4 spoons of meat. Daily intake of breast milk or adapted milk at this age is 500-750ml.
From eleven to twelve months
Now the baby can make finely chopped food that she alone can take and eat. Start with chopped fruit (peaches, bananas, apples). The baby will be happy to eat by own fingers and eat slices of bread spread with cream or cheese. Also convenient are the peas, sweet corn and small pieces of meat.
The baby in this period can eat in one meal: half a slice of bread, 8-12 spoons of cereal, 120 ml of juice, 8-9 spoons of fruit, 8-9 spoons of vegetable purées and 4-5 spoons of meat, one whole egg yolk. Daily intake of breast milk or adapted milk at this age is 500-750ml.
After the first birthday
This is the period when the baby goes to a "family menu" but the baby's meal is not salt and spiced. Now baby can eat the whole egg - whether boiled, fried or scrambled eggs. Only after the first year of life children are allowed to eat honey, lemon, orange and kiwi.
And do not forget: it is recommended that the baby should eat breast milk 12 months!
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children