Getting Over Being Overly Critical of Oneself
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published June 10, 2011
- Word count 549
Do you feel as I you don't measure up to other people's expectations? Do you constantly feel that you should have done this, that or the other? Do you get to the end of the day and feel that yet again you haven't quite done all of the things you set out to do? If so, you are not alone; many people suffer from these feelings of guilt or self doubt.
Other people suffer from a slight variation upon this theme. They feel angry that other people expect so much of them and lash out against the unfairness of the pressures placed upon them. They want to rule their own life and make their own choices and feel fed up with other people's suggestions, expectations and ideas.
But when you really dig down deep this variation is merely a reaction to those same old feelings of self-doubt and guilt. The anger and lashing out at others is merely a self built smoke screen to divert one's attention away from that guilt and self doubt. They prefer to feel angry so as to protect themselves from those guilty or doubting feelings.
At the end of the day you feel as you do because of how you think about situations and how you respond to situations. There comes a point in life where it is up to you to build your confidence sufficiently so as to no longer worry so much about what others say, think, encourage, expect or suggest.
It is up to you to set your own standards and also to live up to them. There is no point in blaming others or blaming circumstances. If you really want to do something then you will find a way to do it. If you feel that you have failed, then try again and again until you succeed. If you don't try again and you let things slip then you either didn't want it enough or you didn't believe you would succeed.
Accepting that things are dependent upon you, your own thoughts and your own behavior, and not upon others is an important step upon the pathways to life success and achievement. In doing this one thing you in fact take control. You allow yourself to build your strength, build your confidence and build your self esteem. You allow yourself to begin to live your own life by your own rules.
Satisfaction and happiness comes from feeling you have achieved your own goals. If you constantly move and change your goals subject to what you think other people think or expect then you will never be satisfied. It is really, really important to spend some time asking yourself what you want in life and setting goals which are appropriate to you.
Second guessing what everyone else wants and trying to live up to what you think other people expect is not an easy task to achieve; pleasing yourself and working to your own goals and expectations is what really matters so as to feel happy in yourself. Basically what we all need in life is the confidence to be ourselves.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads to build your confidence.
P.S. Discover how easy it is to take control with hypnosis; Grab a free hypnosis mp3 from my website.
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy