Reasons For Your Baby Blues
- Author Kerry Hammann
- Published June 16, 2011
- Word count 524
Many people have no idea how hard it is to be a brand new mommy, it could make a good reality show Those who have never had a child seem to believe that being a new mom is this wonderful, constantly happy time in a women's life. There's some measure of truth to that, although new mothers do not always feel happy, and some of them get the ‘baby blues" and a few have postpartum depression.
The 'baby blues' will effect 50 % of women who give birth. So you're not alone, and certainly not a bad mother because you are feeling down. Feeling impatient, restless, irritable and anxious are normal feelings after you've had a baby. You have spent the last 9 months growing a brand new life in you, of course you likely will feel a bit drained and exhausted. Being pregnant and giving birth are very emotional times, so it is not a surprise you'd feel emotionally drained after giving birth.
So what is the difference between 'baby blues' and postpartum depression? The 'baby blues will suddenly appear, and then suddenly disappear. The symptoms will persist for about 10% of mothers. The symptoms of postpartum depression can include, lack of appetite, exhaustion, not having the ability to focus, emotional lows and highs, sadness, afraid of hurting the baby, or loss of interest or excessive interest in the baby. Realize that women with postpartum do not experience all of these symptoms, they might feel different ones on different days, or even the same symptoms day in and day out. Because they believe they should not feel anything but joy, they will often start to feel shame and guilt and eventually become isolated.
It saddens me to say that we don't know yet what can cause post partum depression. Factors such as lack of sleep, isolation after the baby is born, anxiety and hormones that affect the brains chemistry are what some researchers think could potentially cause postpartum depression. The idealic picture on motherhood being this happy joyful thing isn't complete. While it is all that, it's also the most difficult most frustrating and sometimes thankless job you'll ever do. So some new moms become extremely depressed when all of these things happen after a baby is born.
It's not always easy for you to spot postpartum depression in your own life. It isn't uncommon to think you are not feeling great because of the lack of sleep you're experiencing. You need to listen to friends and family who are telling you that they're concerned about you. Should you recognize these symptoms or someone has expressed concern, call your doctor. You will find many organizations out there that can help, however you still need to see your personal doctor. Don’t feel ashamed or guilty. Postpartum depression frequently occurs and with help and support from your doctor and loved ones you will be feeling better soon.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms for a long period of time, it's not the 'baby blues'. but postpartum depression and you need to speak to your physician. You need to maintain your health for your new little baby.
Do you need a few excellent Baby Boy Gifts? Then visit weeonebabygifts.com. You'll find the best Diaper Cake Ideas along with a enormous selection of a great many other excellent baby gifts. They supply handpicked gifts for that wee one in your life.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children