Let’s Go Camping
- Author Larry West
- Published July 19, 2011
- Word count 539
Camping becomes more popular with each passing year. Camping is not just pitching up a tent and roughing it out for the week. You can make camping a second home if the budget allows for it. There are many advantages to camping; the people you meet are very friendly, honest, and eager to give a helping hand. Most campgrounds have bike riding trails, hiking trails, some are located near a body of water for fishing, boating, and swimming. No matter what type of activity you are interested in, a campground somewhere close by can supply you with all your desires. If you are just looking to relax and get away from the everyday hassles, there is no better way to do this than at a campground.
The United States has an abundance of State and Federal campgrounds that are priced very reasonably. On top of this, there are county and private campgrounds. However, most private campgrounds tend to be a little higher in price, yet some have more amenities. The good thing about camping is once you get to your destination; the cost is no more than being at home. Other than the cost of the campsite, there are no other costs. You can cook at your camp site on an outdoor camping stove or portable camping grill as you do at home, if not cheaper. Activities at all campgrounds are virtually free.
As a new camper you will have to invest some money to buy some camping gear. Depending on the type of camping you are interested in, depends on the amount you will invest. The basic items for a tent camper include tents, sleeping bags, outdoor camping stove, or an outdoor camping grill, camping chairs, and lanterns. Be sure to buy quality camping gear, as this will provide many years of reliable service. The startup cost for tent camping could start around two hundred dollars and go upwards. One important item is a tarp to help protect your tent during inclement weather.
On the other hand, if you want a home away from home, the price to start up can be beyond most people’s dreams. In fact, it could be like buying a small home, which is exactly what you will be doing. The good thing about RV camping is you can stock your camper as you would your home. No worries in forgetting anything this way. Stocking the inside should be pretty easy. Look around in your kitchen at home; you will probably have enough extras that you could put into your RV. Same for the bathroom and bedroom. Stocking the outside is a little different. Remember you are camping, part of the joys of camping is being outdoors, and this includes cooking and eating outdoors. Cooking on a portable outdoor camping grill just makes the food smell and taste better. An outdoor camping stove will come in handy for all the items that cannot be cooked on an outdoor camping grill. Let’s not forget, you will need a place to sit, one outdoor camping chair will be needed for each person.
No matter which way you decide to camp, it is a terrific activity that the entire family can be a part of.
My wife and I started camping four years ago and we quickly discovered that camping is one of the best ways to enjoy the great outdoors. For us, we enjoy the cooking and eating outdoors, it just seems to make food smell and taste better. Besides, what better way to meet new and exciting people than by camping.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- Motocamping with the Affordable Yamaha Super Tenere ES
- The BMW R1250GS Adventure: The Ultimate Piece of Motorcycle Camping Gear
- The Affordable BMW F 750 GS
- The 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R Close Up
- Everest base camp helicopter trek
- Island in the Sea, my bug out spot
- What is Visit Nepal 2020?
- The Benefits of Hiking With The Family
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Camping as Your Family Vacation
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear Pack List
- Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- Hiking in the Netherlands
- Categories of Camping Tents
- Toronto To Niagara Falls Day Trip
- Seasonal hiking in New Zealand
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Cheap Electric Bikes for Sale in the UK
- Best ideas To Take a Family Vacation in Fort Lauderdale
- Why People Prefer Coach Travel?
- What are the Best Beaches that You Can Travel For Under $150?
- 5 Best Islands in the US That Feel Exotic
- Camp Safety Guide - a camper’s guide in keeping safe
- Best 6 Things to Do in Cairo
- 5 Things That You Can’t Skip To See In Las Vegas
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Nepal Best Selling Trekking Packages
- 5 Best Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019
- Top 5 Best Treks in Nepal
- Everest Region Trekking