Learning to Choose Empowering Thoughts
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published July 26, 2011
- Word count 535
I had lunch with a friend yesterday who made the observation that I appear to be a very calm person; that nothing seems to faze me. She also asked if I thought that working as a hypnotherapist and psycho analyst for twenty odd years had helped me to deal with things in a more calm and positive manner than might otherwise have been the case. The answer is a definite yes.
If you spend time working to help other people to think in more powerful and productive ways, you inevitably benefit from this yourself. When your focus is positive and you repeat positive things again and again they do sink in, even if those things are actually directed at somebody else. One example which highlights this effect very clearly is that of golf psychology.
I am a golfer and have worked with many fellow golfers. I have always, without exception, found that I play significantly better in any week following a golf mind session with a client. It's like having a refresher course for yourself!
No matter what your natural temperament is everyone can learn to think in a way which empowers you to make many a positive change. My friends observation about me made me think about my own natural temperament and how it has changed over the years. Naturally, from when I was a little girl, I was pretty shy as well as quite anxious and nervous. Timid is probably the best description of me as a child.
I have learned to change this instinctive reaction so well that in most instances my automatic reaction is calm, confident and positive. In fact that old timidity very rarely appears. Not only that, I don't have to try to think in a calm and positive way; it is how I am and I'm comfortable being me.
I'm sharing my story purely to demonstrate that even basic, deep-rooted traits of temperament really can be changed with a little consistent effort. We all have the ability to change the ways in which we think and feel about ourselves and the way in which we act. Hypnosis does indeed make this process easier and quicker as it provides easy access to your subconscious mind.
The more deep rooted the trait is which you wish to change or alter, then the deeper you need to delve into your mind and the more effort you will need to apply to the process of installing new and more powerful thoughts, dreams and beliefs. That is pure common sense, isn't it? It takes more effort to lift a large boulder than it does to pick up a small pebble off the beach. A big change requires a big effort, but this does not mean that it is impossible.
With the right mind set and the right tools you really can change your life experiences in a major way. Hypnosis and NLP provide a whole tool-kit of enabling and empowering skills which can help you to change your life for the better.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads for confidence and well-being.
P.S. Discover how you can focus your mind with hypnosis; grab a free hypnosis mp3 from my website now.
With a degree in psychology and qualifications in hypnotherapy and NLP, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement. Grab a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and check out her library of hypnosis downloads.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy