How to Deal with Late Potty Training
- Author Patrick Steven
- Published August 1, 2011
- Word count 452
Your child may be a little late in picking up the basics of potty training. This can happen for more than one reason. Neither you nor your child is to be blamed and there is certainly no cause for worry if the child is a little "behind schedule". However; sometimes this delay can be due to avoidable reasons.
Read on to find out why delay can occur and what to do in such cases.
Often an avoidable delay in potty training occurs because parents did not take up the issue early on. When this happens, the child can get into a comfort zone with diaper use and may be a little resistance to let go of his diaper dependence. One of the issues with beginning potty training late is that it means a possibility of your child using diapers even when in school.
But there are certain advantages to starting potty training late. Your child is old enough to understand what you're saying; he can communicate his desire to use the toilet and he has very good bowel and bladder control. These are attributes that will help you train your child in potty use in spite of beginning late. You can do it fast, in a matter of days, in fact. So don't worry, you can pick up on lost time pretty smoothly.
On your part, be aware of the potty training steps. If your child has a toilet routine, then that's a big plus for you. Otherwise you need to be aware of the child's biorhythms and take it to the toilet at the first sign of any "pressure".
In some cases, the child may be slow to pick up instructions and develop necessary faculties a little late; this is another reason for late potty training, though it's not a common occurrence. Take the advice of a pediatrician on how to take the case forward. Never lose patience with your child; the matter is not in his control. Be patient, you're more likely to achieve better results this way. Find out what works best in training your child; it can be a small matter of letting your child hold is favorite toy when you're training him. Also try to check if your child is resistant only to potty training or is generally slow in learning other things as well.
Constipation, for any reason, can be a deterrent for children. Their instinct is to avoid the discomfort of straining and passing hard stool. A fiber-rich diet and maybe a mild laxative once in a while will see you through. Also, give your child enough exercise. With gradual coaxing and a couple of positive experiences in using the potty, he'll learn potty use.
Patrick is a father of three wonderful daughters. He is a family man who loves to share his knowledge and experience in parenting and child education with people from all walks of life. For more free information and advice on late potty training please visit my website at pottytrainingsystem.com, the best online resource on all things related to potty training toddlers.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children