Having Trouble Potty Training Your Child?
- Author Patrick Steven
- Published August 14, 2011
- Word count 401
Difficulties in potty training a child can be managed with information and patience. Discover how to successfully tackle troubles when potty training your kid. One of the reasons why parents shy away from taking the potty training challenge head-on is because they imagine more troubles in the process than they will ever face. I mean, this is something unavoidable and has to be done so why not do it in an informed and cheerful way. And this bears repetition so I'll say it again; toilet training is not meant to be an avoidable chore even when a child is faced with problems.
Look up online resources that carry information on specifics of how to deal with trouble scenarios when potty training your child. Be prepared, so that you don't feel helpless if a situation does arise.
Here are some scenarios that can potentially lead to trouble when toilet training your child.
A common situation is one in which the child takes quite readily to learning potty use for bowel cleaning but does nothing to convey a need to use the toilet for urinating.
Don't let this be a dead end for you; consider the reason. Most probably the child is comfortable wetting his diaper or knickers and having them changed instead of taking the trouble to be escorted to the toilet. It is a matter of time before he learns that is better to pee in the toilet and stay dry rather than endure uncomfortable wetness.
Begin training at an appropriate age and not earlier. An unsavory incident or any harshness from you will send the child into a shell; you don't want that to happen. Quite often, what is construed as trouble in potty training is simply a lack of enthusiasm on the child's part. Give him a positive surrounding and a positive feedback; he'll do well.
A child with poor bowel movement routine, for example someone that does not experience motions daily, will experience constipation. Straining to pass stool can be painful and children will associate potty use with that unpleasantness. You can make it easy for them by feeding them fiber-rich food and keeping them hydrated.
There is no potty training issue that is insurmountable. The troubles that you may face can easily be tackled by you. You can always take help from a pediatrician or from parents that have successfully tackled troubles in toilet training their child.
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children