Some Tips To Follow For A Better Baby Massage Session
- Author Sidney Morrison
- Published August 28, 2011
- Word count 594
Here are some very good baby massage tips you can use to ensure that you and your baby can
have a fun time during the massage sessions.
First off, massage your baby before or after taking a bath. It is a nice time to do
massage sessions and can help your baby sleep but bear in mind that often after taking a
bath, your baby will be tired or even hungry so he/she will not respond to the massage too
well. Set up a consistent procedure of towel, oil, music or similar and build it into your
daily massage routine. They will begin to expect and look forward to it and it's a wind
down for you too. Just ten minutes is fine if you can't do all the techniques.
Next tip is to not get too hung up on the routine. It's better to just listen to your baby
and use your instincts in finding out what works best. You can take a class, read more
guides online or watch some videos for guidance of course but taking your baby's lead
should always be your priority. If the baby doesn't like the routine you are currently
doing, he/she will usually let you know through his body language so leave that routine
and either go back to a move they were comfortable with or move on with the next. Don't
forget to try again another day or after a few weeks have passed, as babies grow, their
likes and dislikes change rapidly.
In relation to being responsive to their body language and non-verbal cues, try massaging
just the hands or feet while baby is snuggled in a towel, or repeating the routine on the
front if the baby looks like he/she hates being on his or her front. If your baby hates
being undressed, then you can try the moves through their clothes or just leave a vest on.
Smaller babies may feel more secure if they have a muslin draped over the half of the body
you aren't working on. Aside from the comfort this brings them, this will also help to
keep them warm.
And one more tip is to make sure you use a good amount of oil when doing massage routines.
It nourishes the skin and also makes the massage much nicer for the both of you. You
should use natural and ideally organic oil such as grape seed or olive. Modern mineral oils
do not absorb well into the skin and can often be soaked with fragrance so those kinds are
not recommended. Babies bond through smell and chemical scent can disrupt this progress.
Warning though, the baby can be as slippery as a bar of soap when he/she is oily so be
very careful in handling your baby.
Also, make sure you take off any jewelries you may be
wearing to avoid scratching their delicate skin. Wrap your baby up snugly in a towel and
use it to pat off excess oil, especially on their hands as they quickly go into their
mouths, but if you took your time in choosing the oil carefully, there should be no
problems. In case you're wondering how to choose the right oil for your baby, you can do
so by putting a drop of the oil you want to test to the inside of their wrist and wait for
a day in case of a reaction.
So now that you have more knowledge on how to massage your baby properly, why not give it
a try now?
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children