The Various Causes Of Childrens Low Self Esteem
- Author Alejandrina Mires
- Published December 1, 2011
- Word count 459
Self-esteem in kids can be defined as the degree in which they view themselves as worthy. The very foundation of a child's self image is first developed during childhood and will then be carried with them throughout their lives. With low self worth or self-esteem, because it is so crucial during the younger stages of childhood, it is very important for a parent to understand what can cause it.
First off, parents should know that a child's biggest influence when it comes to confidence in children comes directly from within themselves. A child will feel worthless if they are always being criticized, yelled at, or beaten.. When a parent ignores his/her child, teases them, or ridicules them, a poor self image will be developed. Even if a child is expected to be perfect all of the time and fails in sports, or at school, low self-esteem will be the product. If these circumstances occur in a child's life earlier on, they will begin to experience identity issues as they reach their teen years.
A parent will choose to deal with a situation in one of many ways and that decision will directly have an impact on the child's self worth. It will go one of two ways: the parents decisions will create healthy self-esteem, or will destroy it. The lowest of self-esteem within a child is the direct result of a parent that has been neglectful or extremely harsh.
Second, low-esteem can stem from not only parents but other family members and other peers. When it comes to a child's development of self esteem, teachers, friends, coaches, and so on, will all play a role.. Since criticism can come from anyone within the child's life, the person doing the criticism can be responsible for creating low self-esteem within the child. If the child is constantly picked on by someone in school, this can influence their self-esteem. If a child's teacher puts the child down in front of the entire class, his self worth can be damaged. Many different people in a kids life can cause low self esteem..
Lastly, we can't ignore the influence of the media and their impact on confidence in kids. Although this pertains to more to the physical aspects of a child and their body image, it still can negatively impact a child's thoughts about themselves and how they feel.
While there are many causes for a child's low self-esteem, the main roots are grown by the parents. With a strong foundation for self esteem in kids, it is likely that other factors such as schoolmates, teachers, and so on, can't have as much as a negative impact on the child's self-esteem because it has begun to be positively imbedded into who they are.
Building Self Esteem is very crucial to the life of a child I recommend you read this article by clicking the link below it gives some really useful tips on
I have also created an amazing animated program called Bright Confident Kids which is perfect for building self esteem in childrenArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children
- Importance Of Children's Dramatic Play