Local Attractions In Italy
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published January 1, 2012
- Word count 513
A trip to Italy is on the wish list of most travellers. It’s a place of magnificent sunsets, small towns that haven’t changed since the middle ages, friendly people and unbelievable food. This historic European nation is full to the brim with undeniable romance, outstanding beauty, vibrant atmosphere and delicious food. You will enjoy visiting Italy for business or pleasure, with the best option being to rent a car to take the least travelled routes between cities and villages, staying at gorgeous local bed and breakfast accommodation as you travel. Accommodation options include guest houses, home stays, farm stays, luxury lodges, quaint cottages, cabins and charming apartments. From there you can travel the length of the country discovering the magic for yourself.
Italy is one of the world’s most visited destinations – complete with historical ruins, breathtaking churches, non-stop food and wine, sun filled beaches and snow capped peaks. But there is much more to Italy than Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Many other cities, towns and villages are just as beautiful – such as Trieste, Verona, Modena, Bologna, Siena and Genoa. If you travel by car and explore the countryside at a leisurely pace on state roads rather than highways – stopping at bed and breakfasts along the way – you will see more and take home lifelong happy memories.
You can’t go to Italy without visiting Venice and you can’t visit Venice without taking a ride on a gondola. But if you’d like to make your gondola ride a little different to the norm and something extra special, try going at night. When the gondoliers look like they’re just about to pack up for the evening - secure one for a quiet and enchanting ride through Venice. You’ll get a spectacular night time view of the Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge that will make you wonder why so few other people aren’t out there with you.
Another great destination is the ruins of Pompeii which provide an intriguing look at the lives of the ancient Romans. You can see temples, a large amphitheatre and the remains of luxurious houses with frescoes. Excavations continue, so there is always something new to discover.
In the town of Modena, half way between Verona and Bologna, you will find a must see but lesser known cathedral which is one of the most beautiful churches in the north of Italy. The Cathedral of Modena is a UNESCO world heritage church and is well worth a visit. Art lovers will revel in a visit to Ravenna, between Venice and Ancona. It contains a wealth of Byzantine architecture including glorious mosaics and precious ecclesiastical treasures.
Italy’s sunny island of Sicily is another must see destination on your travels. It’s the largest island in the Mediterranean and contains the remnants of invasions from the Greeks, Romans and Normans as well as its Byzantine domes. Swim in the gorgeous waters and sunbathe on the golden beaches and you will be sure that heaven is a place on earth.
There are no posted comments.
- FISHING NEAR GAINESVILLE FL
- The History of the Old City of Semarang and the Future of Urban Planning
- 5 Breathtaking Places to Visit in South Korea
- 18 Most Popular Graffiti Alleys & Street Art Projects In The United States
- Hot Dog, Jumping Frog: Things to See and Do in Albuquerque
- What are the More Obscure Places to Visit in Sydney?
- What are the Best Places to Eat in Vienna?
- Some of the More Obscure Places to Visit in Los Angeles as a Tourist
- Miami Beach Wedding or Vow Renewal Private Ceremony
- Knowsley A Hidden Gem of Culture, Sports, and Community Spirit
- Amazing Sites of Croatia
- COMPLETE GUIDE OF THE TOP 100 OF THE WORLD’S 50 BEST BARS IN SINGAPORE
- Have you been to Healesville Sanctuary?
- European Holidays For Culture Vultures: A Guide To Summer 2022
- The Overland Train
- The History of Croydon, Victoria in Australia
- What countires make up the Caribbean?
- Have you been to Glasgow in Scotland?
- Which city is considered the sporting capital of the world?
- Have you been to Adelaide in Australia?
- Have you been to San Francisco?
- The Beauty of Niagara Falls
- Have you been to Kananaskis in the Canadian Rockies?
- Have you been to Sydney in Australia?
- What is Christchurch in New Zealand most known for?
- Have you heard of Box Hill in Victoria, Australia?
- The 9 Best Beaches in Chicago
- Some Easy Banff Hikes for everybody In the Family
- Best hotels in St. Petersburg, FL
- 10 Places You Must Visit In Your Lifetime