Here Is Your Houma Visitor Guide
- Author Kevin Schmiterson
- Published February 10, 2012
- Word count 426
Are you looking for a Houma visitor guide? You have found one. Houma, Louisiana, sits in the midst of the Louisiana wetlands. It offers much to those who visit. It sits in the midst of Terrebonne Parish. This area is the heart of the Cajun culture of Louisiana. You see it in the cuisine that is so famous from this part of the Bayou State. The history of the area reflects the Cajun influence as well as the fishing industry that keeps this area thriving. The music is a landmark of this part of the country. You will find it all when you make a visit to this area of the South.
You can find some of the best food Louisiana has to offer in Houma. This area has easy access to the swamps and deep ocean off the coast of Southern Louisiana. That means they have some of the freshest fish and seafood available in the state. They also have many farms and other agricultural centers close by. With the fair weather that much of this part of Louisiana gets most of the year, they have fresh food year round. The cooks you can find in Houma restaurants rival any one you might find in New Orleans. If you like good food, Houma is the place to go. Find that in your Houma visitor guide.
History is around every corner in Houma. This part of Louisiana has a rich history. It is in the center of Cajun and Creole history. This area is still home to the natives that make Louisiana such a unique part of the country. You can tour antebellum mansions that were the center of life in the mid 1800s. You can see trapper cabins where people came to trap and kill the many alligators that populate the surrounding swamps. You can see the rich cultural heritage in the many museums that dot the area. That is something to mark in your Houma visitor guide.
Fishing and music will round out any stay in Houma. The access to water is unparalleled. You can get to the deep ocean with the inlets that go from Houma to the open Gulf waters. You can also troll through marshes and swamps a short distance away. You can troll for dinner just about anywhere and come up with something to eat. Moreover, music is a central part of any celebration in this part of Louisiana. You can hear the distinctive music of the Cajun and Creole natives. You must note that in your Houma visitor guide.
Find out how a Houma visitor guide can make your time in Louisiana special.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague