Baby Travel Bed - 8 Perfect Sleeping Solutions for Your Little One
- Author Sharon Maynard
- Published June 23, 2012
- Word count 944
If you're not making use of a baby travel bed, both you and your child are losing out. It doesn't matter if you are visiting the neighbor down the street or traveling to Grandma's several states away; providing a safe and secure place for your little one to rest is a must. Although there are a number of brands offering this type of bedding, I would like to share with you 8 different sleeping solutions that could benefit you and your child.
KidCo PeaPod with Self-Inflating Mattress - Comfort is high end with this option. When not in use, it folds up and stores into a compact carrying case. The zippered panel/door provides easy access to the inside of the sleeping quarters. The solid material sides provide protection from any breezes and UV rays. The "open" measurements are: 47 x 30 x 19 inches (121.92 x 76.2 x 45.72 cm). This PeaPod is great for indoors or out; there are even anchor straps to ensure that this pod won't roll away during any picnic or camping trip.
KidCo PeaPod Plus Indoor/Outdoor Travel Bed - This is a larger version of the baby travel bed noted above as this one measures 52.5 x 34 x 25 inches (133.35 x 86.36 x 63.5cm) which makes this a great choice for the "bigger" kids. Weighing 6.9 pounds, this lightweight travel bed is easy to set up and in its own round travel case with handles. This version comes with a mattress that can be inflated using the included hand pump and the mattress can be stored in a pocket in the bottom of the bed to keep babies safe. The red PeaPod Plus also comes with a sleeping bag to make "sleeping over" more fun. Anchor straps, UV protection along with adjustable wind screens make this option one to consider.
BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light - This lightweight crib (11 pounds/5 kg) can be set up in less 30 seconds (yes, really). It measures at 7.2 x 24 x 19 inches closed and 45 x 31.5 x 23.5 inches open. A comfortable mattress, which your current crib sheets should fit, comes with this travel crib. The lower half of each of the four sides is a solid material while the top half is a durable mesh. This travel crib is very stable so there are no worries of it tipping over when little ones lean on the crib. Although it looks more like the traditional play yard, this crib is lighter, easier to set-up and store.
Phil & Ted's Traveller Crib - The extremely sturdy aluminum frame gives this 7 pound/3.2 kg crib can be set up in less than a minute. This full sized "cot" offers plenty of room for your wee one to rest and play. Although the UV mesh top isn't included, there is a "play-zip" on one side which gives you easy access to inside if the top was on. The mattress (alpine tested) is really nice as it is self-expanding and is insulated. A carry bag is included and when the crib is enclosed within this bag, it can fit into an aircraft's overhead compartment. This baby travel bed is compact and easy to set up; what a great combination.
Brica Fold n' Go Travel Bassinet - Smaller than the beds just discussed, this bassinet still offers plenty of room and security for your baby. Fully opened measurements are: 30 x 18.5 x 10 inches and weighs only 2.4 pounds. It folds easily and becomes its own carrying case (with handle) when not in use or when traveling. When open, a special Safe-T lock system provides a sturdy resting area that won't collapse on your sleeping angel. The mesh sides allow full visibility and excellent air circulation. The removable mattress pad, and the bassinet itself, are easy to clean. The Fold n' Go meets the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) Bassinet safety standards.
Graco Travel Lite Crib with Bassinet - This option gives you the best of both worlds; that of a portable crib and a removable bassinet. It’s smaller than a traditional portable play yard but still large enough to give your child sufficient room. The bassinet can be added or removed very easily and quickly. There are even several soft toys for your little one to bat at while resting. The sides are batted for extra protection. The crib itself is sturdy and has 2 wheels on one end to make moving the crib very easy. Pink ruffles complete this double duty option.
The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper - For the new babies, this sleeper is a must; especially for nursing moms. This sleeper can be placed in the parent's bed and is secured with a flap that tucks under the mattress. Available in white, yellow or blue this sleeper and has both head and foot barriers to keep baby safe. The included sheet and cover are both washable and the baby travel bed folds into its own case (with handle) for storage or travel. A good choice if baby will be "staying" with mom in her bed for awhile.
The Shrunks Tuckaire Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed - This bed is the most basic of all beds discussed so far but is perfect for your toddler. This inflatable (pump included) mattress uses crib sized sheets which cover a PVC material mattress that contains no lead, BPS or Phthalates. It does have small bumpers so that your child won't move off the bed. This bed will support up to 150 pounds which makes this bed perfect for sleepovers and campouts.
Choosing the right travel bed is important for your child's safety and health. Having a baby travel bed will ensure that you and your child have a comfy place to sleep just about anywhere.
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children