Con Dao Islands - The Lovely Beaches and Exotic Sea Creatures
- Author Jayce Castillo
- Published November 8, 2012
- Word count 501
If you think that Hanoi and Halong Bay are the only attractions of Vietnam, then you are absolutely mistaken. At the southeastern part of the country are the remarkable Con Dao Islands that are teeming with fantastic beaches that will surely complete your Vietnam tour. The cluster is comprised of 15 islands and islets which you can explore and be amazed with their scenic beauty.
Con Son – A Paradise with Bitter Past
This happens to be the biggest island that is within the Con Dao Archipelago. Con Son is surrounded by coral reefs, majestic bays as well as superb beaches and is covered by dense forest that creates perfect scenery. After visiting Con Son during your Vietnam tour, you will be able to conclude that the place is really a paradise. Although the island offers a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere, it has a bitter past since it has been a dungeon for a huge number of prisoners during the French rule.
Con Dao National Park – A Home for Exotic Marine Life
Approximately eighty percent of the island is included in Con Dao National Park, which has been the haven and nesting grounds for sea turtles. In the past decades, the World Wildlife Foundation assigned park rangers to rescue endangered nests and move them to a place where they are safe and protected.
Another popular marine species that you can see at the park is the manatee also known as Dugongs. These sea creatures are very rare and some fishermen have mistakenly identified them as mermaids since they look like one from afar. Sad to say, that their numbers today are very small and have been in continuous decline. Hopefully, the staff of the National Park is taking good of the manatees and trying the best they could to help them multiply. If you want to have a glimpse of these exotic creatures then you should pick Con Dao Islands as your top Vietnam tour destination.
Con Dao Islands Where Simplicity Is Beauty
In case you are fed up of looking at the towering buildings that you usually saw in the cities, then you should visit Con Dao during your Vietnam tour. You will discover that the houses as well as the resorts that were erected on the islands are not more than two storeys. Despite that, you will still be able to appreciate the simplicity and elegance of these infrastructures. Furthermore, you will enjoy shopping for souvenirs here since the prices of the items here are very affordable.
The best time to visit the islands is between November-February since this is the driest part of the year. It is also safe to have Vietnam tour in Con Dao from March to July since the sea is calm during this season. However, it is not advisable for you to visit the Island since this the rainy season of the country. This is also the time when storms pays a visit to Vietnam and enrage the sea making it impassable even for massive ships.
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia