Enjoy A Grand Canyon Smooth Water Float Tour On Memorial Day
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published May 22, 2013
- Word count 606
If you want to take one of the exciting Grand Canyon rafting tours over the upcoming holiday weekend, you better get your tickets in advance. The holiday is almost here, and these trips usually sell out fast.
These float trips stay away from whitewater so they are perfect for everyone, even kids as young as four. The rafts cover the portion of the river that has only smooth waters.
Grand Canyon raft tours are all day outdoor adventure experiences. You can take one of these scenic tours every day of the week, including the holiday weekend, from the months of March through November. They begin at about 6 a.m., departing from Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCA) at Tusayan, Arizona (just outside the main gates at the South Rim) and Las Vegas.
Tours Of The South Rim
At the South Rim, you'll have two tours from which to choose. The basic tour starts with a bus ride to Page, Arizona from GCA. Then you head to Glen Canyon Dam. There you will hop on board your raft and begin your float tour.
The deluxe option takes you from GCA to the Page Municipal Airport in a flight that lasts about 45 minutes. Then you will be treated to an exciting Jeep tour of the slot canyons at Antelope Canyon. After that, you go to Glen Canyon Dam where you get onboard a raft and start a scenic float along the river.
Both of these thrilling tours take you on a 15 mile scenic glide through spectacular canyon surroundings. You'll see some truly spectacular scenery, including Horseshoe Bend (picture red sandstone cliffs against beautiful turquoise water). The raft tours end at historic Lee's Ferry.
Rafting Tours From Las Vegas
These float tours are popular on the holiday weekend. The tour starts off by taking you from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon West in a chopper. After the helicopter lands on the canyon bottom, the tour ends with a wonderful 11 mile float trip down the Colorado River. This trip takes about ten hours from start to finish.
Choppers are allowed to fly below the canyon rim in only one place, the West Rim. After your chopper lowers you 3500 feet to the bottom, you get out right next to the Colorado River.
You get on your raft at the foot of the massive Hoover Dam, which towers 700 feet above you. You ride in a 19 passenger rubberized raft and pass through the Black Canyon on your way to the end at Willow Beach, AZ.
Prepare For Your Adventure
You'll be outdoors all day, so come prepared. It gets pretty hot during the summer. I recommend bringing plenty of sunscreen and a waterproof bag with an extra set of clothes. Wear a long sleeved shirt, sunglasses and a hat.
Included in your raft tour of the Grand Canyon is the necessary equipment, fees, taxes, drinks, lunch, and an interesting and informative tour guide. I'd recommend taking one to any traveler. Lose yourself in the experience of a raft tour so you don't have to waste time worrying about finding things to do over the holiday.
The holiday is on Monday, May 27 this year. A lot of families take a three day weekend and have a nice getaway. Everyone loves to go to the Grand Canyon, so you will have plenty of competition for available seats on the raft tours. I strongly recommend booking in advance. Be sure to buy your tickets on the Internet too because you will get a discount that way. Complete your transaction online and you qualify for the Internet discount offered by the tour operator.
There are no posted comments.
- Motocamping with the Affordable Yamaha Super Tenere ES
- The BMW R1250GS Adventure: The Ultimate Piece of Motorcycle Camping Gear
- The Affordable BMW F 750 GS
- The 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R Close Up
- Everest base camp helicopter trek
- Island in the Sea, my bug out spot
- What is Visit Nepal 2020?
- The Benefits of Hiking With The Family
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Camping as Your Family Vacation
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear Pack List
- Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- Hiking in the Netherlands
- Categories of Camping Tents
- Toronto To Niagara Falls Day Trip
- Seasonal hiking in New Zealand
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Cheap Electric Bikes for Sale in the UK
- Best ideas To Take a Family Vacation in Fort Lauderdale
- Why People Prefer Coach Travel?
- What are the Best Beaches that You Can Travel For Under $150?
- 5 Best Islands in the US That Feel Exotic
- Camp Safety Guide - a camper’s guide in keeping safe
- Best 6 Things to Do in Cairo
- 5 Things That You Can’t Skip To See In Las Vegas
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Nepal Best Selling Trekking Packages
- 5 Best Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019
- Top 5 Best Treks in Nepal
- Everest Region Trekking
- Nepal Family Trekking