Grand Canyon National Park Helicopters Offer Incredible Autumn Views
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published October 7, 2013
- Word count 583
Autumn is one of the best seasons of the year to take a scenic Grand Canyon helicopter tour. Several leave daily from Tusayan, Arizona (at the South Rim) and Las Vegas.
The weather is perfect in the fall for touring the canyon. During the summer, temps can hit 110 degrees at Grand Canyon West!
Best Time For Flying
In the fall, you can enjoy a Grand Canyon tour any time of day since the afternoons are not so hot. That being said, the air is calmer (less turbulent) and visibility is best at mid-morning.
Grand Canyon helicopter tours are very popular. The helicopters only hold six passengers so they sell out during the peak summer season. During the fall months, things are a little better. Fewer people come to the Park and there are more open seats. That means you can probably snag a seat on even the very popular tours during the fall months. It is still recommended that you book your tour in advance if at all possible.
Based on my own experiences, I recommend booking fall tours at least a week ahead of the date you want. That's especially true if you're hoping to take one of the popular Vegas landing tours that include a champagne picnic or a smooth-water float trip down the Colorado.
You will probably begin your helicopter tour in Vegas or Tusayan but it is possible to fly out of Phoenix or Sedona but those tours are more expensive and inconsistent. If you need to depart from northern Arizona, the best thing to do is drive to Tusayan and catch a helicopter tour from there.
The tours that depart from Vegas provide you with the most options including landing tours and the air-only variety. Air-only flights are terrific for folks with limited free time. The air-only tours take about three hours including the free shuttle ride from your hotel, and they fly you over the canyon highlights as well as Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.
If you have more time, you should take a landing tour if you can. These let you see the canyon from the air and experience it up close from the ground. And they pack in a lot of value. With one popular package you'll land on the canyon bottom as well as the top. Another comes with VIP access to the West Rim's magnificent "Glass Bridge" -- the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
South Rim visitors can take 30- or 50-minute flights. On the short tour, the helicopter flies you over to the North Rim and back to the South Rim. This includes a thrilling tour of the Dragoon Corridor, which is the deepest and widest part of the canyon. I always go with the longer flight, though. You'll get to see the same highlights the shorter tour covers, but you also get to fly all the way to the eastern boundary of the National Park. That means you'll see up to 75 percent of the Park, including highlights like the Vermillion Cliffs, the Little Colorado River and the Desert Watchtower.
Temps are cooler during autumn, so dress appropriately. It is a good idea to wear a jacket if you go to the South Rim, dress in layers, and protect yourself from the sun with a wide-brimmed hat. The temps at Grand Canyon West are less predictable, so check the weather shortly before you leave for your tour. Wear the right clothing and you'll have the best time possible!
Are you ready to take a Grand Canyon National Park helicopter flight? Start here for a listing of the best flights prior to going here for bargains which make these trips ridiculously cheap: http://www.grandcanyonhelicopter.org/grand-canyon-helicopter-tour-coupons.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Motocamping with the Affordable Yamaha Super Tenere ES
- The BMW R1250GS Adventure: The Ultimate Piece of Motorcycle Camping Gear
- The Affordable BMW F 750 GS
- The 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R Close Up
- Everest base camp helicopter trek
- Island in the Sea, my bug out spot
- What is Visit Nepal 2020?
- The Benefits of Hiking With The Family
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Camping as Your Family Vacation
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear Pack List
- Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- Hiking in the Netherlands
- Categories of Camping Tents
- Toronto To Niagara Falls Day Trip
- Seasonal hiking in New Zealand
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Cheap Electric Bikes for Sale in the UK
- Best ideas To Take a Family Vacation in Fort Lauderdale
- Why People Prefer Coach Travel?
- What are the Best Beaches that You Can Travel For Under $150?
- 5 Best Islands in the US That Feel Exotic
- Camp Safety Guide - a camper’s guide in keeping safe
- Best 6 Things to Do in Cairo
- 5 Things That You Can’t Skip To See In Las Vegas
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Nepal Best Selling Trekking Packages
- 5 Best Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019
- Top 5 Best Treks in Nepal
- Everest Region Trekking
- Nepal Family Trekking