A Mother's Intuition
- Author Debbie L. Kasman
- Published April 20, 2014
- Word count 827
Like most mothers, I feel a deep connection to my son. A few years ago, I experienced "mother’s intuition" at its finest, in a strange and wonderful way.
My son, Sam, was attending college in Boston and he called to say he wasn’t feeling well. What started out as a bad cold had progressed to what seemed like a nasty flu. He went to a walk-in clinic, was prescribed antibiotics and a cough suppressant, and was told to take the medication and return in two days. I spoke to him on the phone after he had returned from the clinic. He was going to take his first dose of medication and go to bed. Because he was under a doctor’s care and on medication, I trusted that he would soon be back to his old, healthy self.
A few hours later, I felt a strange urge to meditate and send some "healing energy" to my son. This was really foreign to me. I had never done anything like it before, and didn’t know where the impulse came from. While I had been dabbling with meditation, I had never attempted to use it to send energy to anyone. It sounded rather silly. But there the compulsion was, sitting in my head (at least I thought it was in my head—I found out later that it actually came from my heart). Strange as it seemed, I decided to listen to this natural inclination.
I began to meditate and I visualized Sam standing before me, facing me. In my mind, I put my hands on his head and started to massage his scalp. I was hoping these efforts would help him to sleep really well so he would wake up feeling better in the morning. In the visualization, he leaned into me and placed his head on my shoulder. I kept massaging his head and his back, returning him to an upright position because it was easier to massage him that way. But Sam kept leaning into me and putting his head on my shoulder. This happened quite a few times in the meditation, so I eventually gave up and continued to massage his head and back from this position. After about 20 minutes of visualizing this I grew tired and fell asleep, hoping that he would have a restful and restorative sleep.
Meanwhile, a few hours after talking to me on the phone, Sam took his first round of antibiotics. Shortly after, his world began to tilt and flash and he started to vomit blood. His room-mate called 911 and he was rushed to the hospital via ambulance. Sam was experiencing a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic he had taken. Completely unaware of his crisis, I was engaged in my impromptu meditation, sending Sam "healing energy" because of the strange compulsion I felt.
When Sam came home for Christmas two weeks after his trip to the hospital, he and I were talking about what happened. I remembered the visualization and I was curious about the timing of events. I didn’t mention the visualization until he had explained the timeline of his ordeal. I was dumbfounded when he told me that he was in the ambulance heading to the hospital somewhere between 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm. This was the exact time I felt the need to visualize the healing massage. It was the exact time he kept leaning into me and putting his head on my shoulder as I tried to massage him!
There is a difference between thinking and knowing. When we think, we use our brain and this requires a low level of awareness. When we know something, we use our intuition and this requires a much higher level of awareness. We think with our brain but we know with our heart.
Our heart is in constant communication with us. It always communicates. It never stops. But the messages from our heart come to us in intangible ways. We can’t see or touch the messages, we can only feel or perceive them because they come to us outside of our reasoning process. The information we perceive with our heart comes to us through an intuitive process. We seem to somehow just know things without knowing how we know.
When we learn to tap into this knowing, our heart guides us in strange and wonderful ways, just as it did when my son was in crisis. While my brain wasn’t aware of his crisis, my heart somehow knew. The paramedics and doctors helped him physically, and I helped him energetically without even realizing what was happening.
Not everything can be proven. Some things just have to be experienced.
We all have access to deep intuition, especially us moms.
In order to tap into your mother’s intuition, all you need to do is accept, trust, and act upon the deep urges you feel in your heart whenever you experience them.
Debbie L. Kasman
Debbie L. Kasman is author of the book Lotus of the Heart: Reshaping the Human and Collective Soul and she blogs weekly about topics that pertain to spirituality, education and female leadership.
Subscribe to Debbie’s blog to receive a free chapter from her book at www.debbielkasman.com.
You can buy a copy of her book from BookLocker, Chapters, Amazon or from your favourite local bookstore. It’s available in print and Ebook (PDF, ePub, and Kindle) versions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children