UK Pawnshops: Traditional Vs. Modern Way Of Lending
- Author Cody Butler
- Published April 23, 2014
- Word count 450
As the recession continues to hurt the economy, we will continue seeing shops close left and right. However, there is a particular industry that is booming and has since expanded to become one of the most promising industries.
Since last year, the National Pawnbrokers Association has reported an estimated 8% growth in the pawnshop industry in UK as more and more middle to high class individuals turn to pawnshops as a way to get money in exchange of personal assets.
Through the years, it has long since evolved from a simple street corner business to a sophisticated and high end contract between a borrower and creditor. Pawnbroking services can vary depending on the pawnshops. There are those that accept wine collections or premium aged cheese as collateral.
Currently there are two types of pawnshops operating in UK:
Brick and Mortar – The traditional way of doing business. A borrower goes to a pawn shop to have their valuables appraised. Transactions are done on a face to face basis where both parties agree on a specific contract. The benefit of doing business with a brick and mortar pawnshop is that the borrower can build a relationship with the lender that can be beneficial for both. A borrower can easily get an extension on the due date or a lower interest rate if he has shown credible payment history and is considered as a regular by the owner. Lenders can get additional clients through referrals made by the borrower. It can also build reputation and increase clients in the long run. The downside of doing this kind of business is that you cannot easily expand and have immediate access to other clients and clients have to personally go to a store to have an item pawned.
Online - With the evolution of technology, pawnbroking can now be done through online transaction. Borrowers no longer need to go personally to a shop to have their valuables appraised. By doing online transaction, appraisal and delivery of pawned items and exchange of money can be done with a simple click of the mouse. It is all about convenience and making it easier and faster for the client. Furthermore, it gives access to a wider market as it makes it easier for other people to try borrowing from a pawnshop. The downside of doing this kind of business is that it does not go beyond a professional service.
Although service can be impeccable, it strictly follows certain policies and rules that can be a bit stifling and irritating for clients. Another cause for worry is that vital information such as address and name is being sent online, which makes it vulnerable to hackers and other internet savvy individuals.
Hopkins and Jones is your number one [pawnbroking](http://www.hopkinsandjones.co.uk/pawnbroking-loans/
) shop in London. For all your pawnbroking needs, contact us today.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is the Process of Buying a Car Worth your Time?
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia