Solving Problems with a Pawn Broker
- Author James Doan
- Published June 11, 2014
- Word count 523
There are a number of problems that people face with pawn brokers. However, there are two problems that people worry about the most when they deal with a pawn broker. These two problems are when you cannot pay them back and when you lose the pawn receipt that you have been given. It is important that you know what you can do if you are faced with these problems.
When You Can’t Pay the Pawn Broker Back
There are a lot of people who take loans with a pawn broker that they feel they will be able to pay back. However, there are times when you will not be able to pay back the amount that you need. The options that you have available to you will vary depending on the value of the loan and what you are comfortable with.
If you are comfortable with losing the item of value that you have put up a security of the loan then you do not have to do much. When you are unable to pay the broker back they will sell the item and this could cover the loan amount that you cannot repay. However, if the sale of the item does not cover the loan then you are still liable for repayment. If the sale of the item results in more money than you owe the pawn broker must give you the difference.
If you have a loan that is less than £75 the item you put up will belong to the broker and they can sell it. If the loan is more than £75 then the item will still belong to you, but the pawn broker is allowed to sell it. For loans that are over £100 the pawn broker will need to tell you before they sell the item which gives you time to get the money together for it.
When You Lose Your Receipt
There are a lot of people who worry about what could happen if they lose the receipt that they are given. The value of the loan you have taken will also affect what you can do if you lose the receipt. If the loan is less than £75 you can get a standard form from the pawn broker which you sign. This form states that you are the owner of the item. The problem with this is that the broker is not obligated to give this to you.
If the loan has a value of more than £75 then you will not be able to get a standard form. In this case you will need to legally swear that you own the item. To do this you have to go to a magistrate or a commissioner for oaths and swear before them.
The two most common problems that people face when using pawn brokers are not being able to pay back the loan and losing the receipt they get. It is important that you know what you can do in these cases before you actually use a pawn broker. When you know what could go wrong you can determine whether or not you should be using a pawn broker.
There are no posted comments.
- Is the Process of Buying a Car Worth your Time?
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia