Pet Shedding/Grooming & DeShedder Tool Tips
- Author Joseph Garea
- Published November 19, 2014
- Word count 539
Regardless of our Pets breed there is no way for us to completely stop shedding. Our Pets need to shed and get rid of old, unneeded or damaged hair. Certain breeds will grow longer hair in the winter to keep them warm and then shed in the summer to keep them cool. Shedding can also result from skin disorders or even a poor diet. By practicing proper grooming techniques and the use of a DeShedding Tool we can help reduce and keep the shedding under control.
Regular brushing is essential especially around seasonal changes. Most breeds will benefit from daily brushing using a bristle brush. Regular brushing will make their coat softer, cleaner and less prone to shedding. It will also help root out parasites which can lead to skin irritation and even more shedding. For cats this will also help prevent more hair from being ingested during self grooming, resulting in hair balls, which can cause serious problems.
Regular brushing is a good time to observe your Pet's skin and coat to watch for any changes. If you notice anything unusual talk to your professional groomer or veterinarian.
Routine bathing is important and will help control shedding. Never use human shampoo which can dry out their skin and lead to infections, irritation and dandruff. Purchase a shampoo formulated for your Pet. Cats need less bathing but if their coat is smelly, oily or discolored its a good time for a bath. Brushing our Pet before a bath will help the process and its also a good idea to trim their nails before the bath to prevent more scratching.
For drying your pet after a bath, towel dry first. If using a blow dryer after a towel dry, make sure to only use the cool setting and not high heat.
Nutrition and diet are extremely important for a healthier skin and coat. Feeding your Pet with advanced nutritional food or vitamins will help keep their coats shiny and skin healthy.
While shaving your Pets hair off may seem like a quick fix for shedding, it is not recommended. Shaving will interrupt the natural shedding cycle and affect their ability to regulate body temperature.
DeShedding Tool Tips:
•Weekly DeShedding might be OK for short hair pets but for longer haired pets, a few times a week will be better. This will help prevent mats, tangles and dirt.
•Its best to brush your Pet with a regular brush before using the DeShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles.
•Make sure your pet is completely dry prior to using the DeShedding tool.
•If it is becoming too difficult for your pet, take a break and come back to it later.
•Using the right size DeShedding tool will make the process easier and more effective.
•It is fine to use the DeShedding tool on the ears and tail. Just use extra care around these areas. The tool is non-abrasive to the skin. The tool will not cut or damage their coats.
•Try not to drop the tool which can break the teeth. Wash the tool with warm water and a mild soap. Make sure the tool is dry before storing.
Follow a regular grooming routine and make everybody, including your pet, happy.
A Dog and Cat Lover! Visit our store and see our Dog or Cat DeShedding Tool. Http://www.smileydogandcat.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unleash Your Dog’s Potential: Effective Techniques for Improving Communication and Obedience
- The Illusion of CSR Training Is Finally Reality - BUILDING A PROFESSIONAL CAREER PATH FOR CSRs
- The Diet of a Dog Affects Dental Health
- Do Pets at Home Remove Ticks? What You Should Know About Pet Tick Removal
- The Importance of Cat Furniture Accessories for Your Feline Friend
- Top 6 Pet Products You Need for Your Sweet, Furry Friend
- A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW TO USE PET GROOMING GLOVES PROPERLY!
- Dogs and Cats Compared
- Blog posts 5 Useful Tips on How to Clean Fish Poop in Tank
- The Importance Of Spending The Extra Cash On A Larger Rabbit Hutch
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Importance of Pet Care
- Tips on keeping your bird happy and healthy
- Why pet insurance – and why now?
- 600 million dogs
- What You Need to Know About Canine Deafness
- Pet Relocation - Tips For International Pet Moving
- Dengue Mosquitoes Best Ways To Avoid Dengue
- 5 Unique but Helpful Services for Your Pets
- To Meet Hero Dog Crate Mat
- Are you looking for a valid ESA letter? A complete guide to get an ESA.
- Facts about Best Self Cleaning Litter Box Uncovered
- Are Bird Toys Useful for Your Pet?
- Pets-ability is the Best Online Pet Supplies & Pet Medicine Store
- Cat Litter Choices
- Animals Turn to Nature for Self-Medication
- You Don't Want To Do This Grooming Mistakes to Your Dog
- The Truth About UV Animal Urine Detector Flashlights
- DIY Chicken Coop