Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Author Mark Hennessy
- Published April 18, 2015
- Word count 383
Late last year, Caterpillar launched its largest wheel loader ever, also known as the Caterpillar 994K Wheel Loader. Heavy machinery fans the world over have been marvelling at its sizeable increase in capacity, boosted power output and mechanical upgrades. Here are five facts about the new Caterpillar wheel loader that you need to know.
- IT HAS A PAYLOAD CAPACITY THAT'S EQUIVALENT TO ABOUT SIX AVERAGE ELEPHANTS
The new Caterpillar wheel loader can carry 18 to 20% more weight than previous models. This means that it can handle 40.8 tonnes per pass, while the high lift version is built to cope with 38.1 tonnes per pass.
- IT HOLDS ENOUGH FUEL TO RUN ALL DAY - AND ALL NIGHT
If you have a project in mind that requires a wheel loader for 24 hours straight, the 994K can take care of it for you. It's been fitted with an optional fuel tank, which contains enough fuel for 24 hours of operation, without a break.
- IT CAN HANDLE EXTREME HEAT WITH THE STAMINA OF A CAMEL
The Caterpillar wheel loader has been designed specifically with Australian conditions in mind. As anyone who works in Australian mining knows, that means long hours in the harsh rays of the sun, intense heat that lasts all day and unpredictable weather patterns. So the 994K is built to cope in the extreme heat - as high as 50 degrees Celsius.
- ITS BUCKET IS AS BIG AS A SKIP BIN
The 994K's bucket capacity is between 19.1 and 24.5 cubic metres. Its design has had a revamp, now featuring a larger floor, a bigger radius and special angled side bars, enabling quicker loading and better reliability.
- IT HAS OODLES OF KILOWATTS
A Cat 3516E engine powers the Caterpillar wheel loader. This creates 1297 kW of power and features a planetary powershift transmission, which has been developed with mining applications in mind.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CATERPILLAR MACHINERY?
You can discover everything you need to know about Caterpillar earthmoving equipment and mining equipment at National Plant and Equipment. National Plant supplies businesses with all of their heavy equipment needs, full range of equipment tailored to your needs and if we don’t have the plant that you need, we will source it for you. Our focus is on helping our clients to maximise efficiency, increasing profit and output whenever possible.
We also offer a variety of other options including:
Traditional Dry & Wet hire
Long & Short term rental
Flexible maintenance options
Hire to buy options
Ancillary products, sourcing & support
Tailored commercial contracts on our comprehensive fleetArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things That Really Makes a Truck Good for Off-Roading
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues