How To Spot A Phony Psychic
- Author Carolyn Molnar
- Published May 8, 2016
- Word count 505
As a psychic medium who’s proud of her work, I get disgusted and angry whenever I hear about phony clairvoyants whose only aim is to hoodwink people out of their money or, worse, their sense of power. I hope you never fall prey into a spider web cast by a devious intuitive. And to make sure you don’t, here’s how to spot a psychic scam artist.
- The scammer says you’re cursed, and only they can remove this curse.
There is no such thing as a curse. No one can give you the evil eye unless you believe it. And when you believe someone has the power to make bad things happen to you, your belief system turns your fears into reality. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel bad without your permission."
- The scammer wants a ridiculous amount of money for a session.
Many psychics base their rates on their notoriety. Expect to pay The Long Island Medium or John Edward several hundred dollars for a session. Don’t pay that kind of money to an unknown psychic with a neon crystal ball in the storefront window.
3.The scammer says you need more sessions with them to clear away your problem.
Bogus mystics often offer a free first reading, or charge just $20 to lure you in. But then they’ll tell you you’re cursed and need to come back again – and again – at $100 a pop.
4.The scammer says you need to give them your money "to clean."
Don’t laugh. I’ve heard stories from doctors and lawyers who have handed over tens of thousands of dollars because they were told their money was cursed and unclean. And once that happened, their money was gone with the wind.
5.The scammer says you must buy their "mystical trinkets."
I’ve given readings and suggested to clients they might want to carry a certain stone on their person to help ground them. I’ve also suggested books for clients to read, like Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life. But there’s a world of difference between a $5 stone (I don’t carry anything for sale in my office) or a book that you can also get out of a library, and $150 candles scammers sell that, after burning, will "clear away negative energy." Believe me, you feel plenty positive after burning a $2.50 vanilla-scented votive available just about anywhere.
6.The scammer tells you that you have no power.
You are the most powerful person you know. Why? Because you have the strength to say "No!" Never give your power away to anyone – especially someone masquerading as a psychic.
A psychic is supposed to advise, not give you a lucky spell to fix your life or make doom-and-gloom pronouncements. People who want their problems to be magically fixed are in danger of becoming victims – because they give away their hope and power. Believe me, working to improve your life is just that – work. Lucky Charms should only be for breakfast.
Carolyn Molnar is a Toronto based Psychic Medium and Spiritual Teacher. She has over 30 years’ experience. She provides readings and also teaches others how to tap into their intuitive abilities. Her book, It Is Time: Knowledge From The Other Side, has made a real impact in how people understand intuition. She has been featured on radio, television and in print. Carolyn believes intuition is accessible to everyone.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Astrologer in Mississauga
- How to Love A Man Who Never You Met
- Psilocybin Mushrooms - Mystic Meets Science
- Be Proud Of Your Beliefs With Religious And Spiritual Stickers
- How would you like Psychic Healer Scottsdale?
- Debunking the Post Tribulation Rapture Theory
- What Can I Expect From A Full Numerology Reading?
- What is Vedic/Indian Astrology? Differences between Vedic and Western Astrology
- Healing, Ceremony, and the Call of Nature
- Warrior’s Credo: Part 6: Free will fosters the force of freedom
- Anatomy of Anger and Retaliation
- How Psychic Mediums Apply Clairvoyance
- Love People
- Earth Lodge: A New Take on Family Relations
- The Medicine Wheel: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe
- ‘Rites of Passage’: What is it?
- Heal What Has Been Plaguing You
- The Most Super Natural Power
- Welcoming Comfort
- Live Through It
- Learning From The Master
- Please Find My Medium
- Is Black Magic Real? Can I use Black Magic to improve my life?
- Strengthen the Light Within: Protection From Fear
- Dimes, Feathers, and Hugs
- Law of Attraction – Five simple steps system that can change your life & your bank account - Are you tapping into the newest big
- The 3 pillars of success
- I Might Have Known Him
- How to Make 2018 the Best Year Yet
- Spirit Inspired Messages - Please, Speak