Eight Tips in Choosing a Baby Bassinet
- Author Huldah Mitchell-Simpson
- Published February 12, 2017
- Word count 576
In preparation for the arrival of your baby a ‘Must Have’ is a baby bassinet. Having a baby bassinet keeps your baby in close proximity to you day and night, giving you peace of mind that your baby is safe and comfortable and it also affords baby and you to spend countless hours together.
There are different types of bassinets to choose from such as Portable, Rocking, Round, Moses baskets, Cradle, Wood, Oval, Bassinets with and without wheels. Whichever type you choose, here are some tips to consider in making the right choice.
Safety: Choose a baby bassinet that meets the safety standard of the industry. It should be certified by the Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association. Check out the association’s website for their list of certified brands.
Portability: Bassinets make travelling with your baby a plus. Depending on the bassinet, it can be doubled as a car seat. Baby Bassinets should be able to be moved easily from one location to another. Depending on its structure and design you should be able to carry or wheel baby around the house without hassle. It is important to test the straps and wheels of the bassinet to ensure baby’s safety.
Comfort: It is important to check the baby bassinet mattress for comfort. Make sure it is not too soft or too firm. Test for firmness by pressing your finger on the mattress. If your finger sinks down easily, the mattress is too soft. If your finger barely makes an indentation, it is too firm. Your finger should bounce quickly up from the mattress. The mattress should fit snugly within the frame of the bassinet. There should be no gaps or overlaps. The largest space you can allow should not be bigger than your finger which you can test by inserting a finger into the gap between the mattress and the mattress frame. If you can easily two fingers in the gap, then the mattress is too small and may be a risk for baby’s safety.
Space: The baby bassinet should be placed in a clutter free space. Although most bassinets are portable think about the area where it will stay most of the time. Are your hallways, passageways, and doorways wide enough for the bassinet to pass through.
Quality: Take into consideration the sturdiness of the bassinet to ensure that it will not move when your baby is inside. There should be a locking mechanism on the wheels, legs should be sturdy and have a leg lock to prevent collapsing. If the bassinet sways it should have locks also.
Features: There are many features to choose from when selecting a bassinet such as rocking mechanism, mobile, underneath storage basket, music system, hooded, canopy, removable base, wheels and straps. Choose the features that best fit your needs.
Price: Prices range from as low as $54 to as high as $500 or even higher. Think about the comfort and safety features so whichever price range is suitable for you, make sure the bassinet is safe.
Time frame: Keep in mind that baby bassinets are not suitable for babies over four months or your baby begin to roll or begin to try to crawl. Then it will be time to switch to a crib. Don’t despair!!! You can use the bassinet as a storage unit for toys, and for everyday baby needs. You can also pass it down getting the value out of it for many babies to come.
Huldah loves babies. She currently helps run a website where they sell baby bassinets of every size shape and color. Shop today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children