Fiber Optic Cable Networking, Solution to All Network Problems
- Author Ahmed Basha
- Published April 3, 2017
- Word count 650
With Fiber Optic cables, Networking is never the same...
Communication is the one thing that keeps everything in this world in place. It could be between people or between computers, but without proper communication, the exchange of information cannot take place. To make this communication possible we make use of copper cables, like twisted pair, Coaxial cables etc. either for telecommunications or networking. However, technology is prone to change. With the change, come opportunities for growth as we have witnessed with fiber optic cables, which have brought a major shift in the field of networking. Communication with the help of fiber optic cables has become clearer, secure and faster than ever before.
What is a Fiber Optic cable?
It is a cable that contains glass or plastic strands of fiber inside an insulated tube that carries information in form of light pulses. These strands of fiber are called core, which is in turn is surrounded by a glass tube called cladding. Due to the phenomenon of internal reflection in the glass tube, the data is preserved safely until the end of the tube. Based on the number of fibers present in the cable, the fiber optic cable can be classified into two types-single mode and the multimode cables.
These cables have higher bandwidth; that is the capacity of transmitting huge amount of information over large distances as well. It is heavily used for computer networking, internet, cable television and telephone systems.
What do Fiber Optic Cables do?
The fiber optic cables send the data in the form of light pulses through the glass or plastic fibers; which are only as thick as human hair, but has the potential to carry terabytes of information over very long distances with very little or no data loss. We know that light travels very fast and hence the information is converted in form of light particles with the help of a laser device that travels down the cable and at the receiving end is again translated into data by the computer.
What are the Advantages of Fiber Optic Cables over Copper Cables?
• Fiber optic cables are 1000 times faster in transmitting the data when compared to the traditional copper cables to 100 times longer in terms of distance. While copper cables are capable of transferring 1.5 mbps data to the distance of 1.5 miles, the fiber optic cables transmit 2.5 GBPS of data across 124 miles.
• As the fiber optic cable is made of glass, unlike copper cables, is least affected by Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), an interference caused by the electromagnetic induction to the electric circuits.
• Fiber optic cables are by far the safest as they are hardly prone to any kind of damage due to atmospheric conditions like lightning.
• Fiber optic cables are extremely hard to tap as there is absolutely no amount of data leakage.
• Durability is another factor that put fiber optic cables in the advantageous position as the glass could break but doesn’t wear down in any form of weather conditions, like copper cables where the outdoor conditions can hamper the durability of the copper cables.
What are the uses of Fiber Optic Cables?
The Fiber optic cables can be used in the various fields given its advantages over the copper cabling. Here are a few of the most popularly used areas where the fiber optic cables are slowly occupying the space of the copper cables.
• Cable Television
• Computer Networking
• Lightning and Decoration
Whether it is fiber optic backbone for your data cabling system, links between buildings across the campus, fiber to desk or link between floors, no matter what your requirements are we are ready to take up any type of cabling projects, regardless of its complexity. Our engineers are equipped with the advanced fiber optic slicing and testing tools.
Some of the fiber optic cables we widely use include,
• Trunk cables
• Distribution cables
• Standard patch cord
• High-density interconnect cables
Call us now to experience absolute optical fiber solution for your business.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5G TECHNOLOGY AND IOT: HOW DO THESE TRENDS RELATE?
- SkyVPN Launches New Gaming Servers with Dedicated Servers for PUBG
- Smm reseller panel
- Steps to Transfer Files Using Kindle Desktop Application
- Save time on your FTP updates with FTPGetter Professional
- Add a file hosting and sharing service to your site with YetiShare
- MCS Multicast Switch for Next Generation ROADM
- Business Networking Tips for Beginners
- Using Virtual Serial Ports in Proteus
- Network Security Checklist for All Types of Businesses
- Create Your Own File-Hosting Website with YetiShare
- Cat5 cable vs Cat6 Cables: What are the Contrast?
- Automate FTP Downloads and Uploads with FTPGetter Professional
- On Demand Freelance Marketplace For Field Engineers
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Services in San Francisco
- VMware vSAN, why we use it
- Advantages and Disadvantages of hiring this professional companies
- Modern Office Design Builds Bonding And Branding
- 6 Things Included in Network Assessment
- Free Tools, Excel Hacks, and Inside Tips for Twitter Marketing
- Virtual Private Networks
- 5 Tips To Monitor Users On Instagram Brands And Blogs Should Know About
- Fiber Optics and its advantages for Commercial use
- Group 5 cabling
- Looking for Thomson modem technical support? Here’s what you need to know!
- Data security: Crucial for all businesses
- Elite Tech Gear™ Provides Streak Free Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Elite Tech Gear™ Releases Video Training To Help Customers Prevent Damage To Their Touch Screens
- Automate FTP Transfers and Optimize Your Workload