Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children
- Author Patricka Mack
- Published May 8, 2017
- Word count 482
There are a lot of good things about today's technology... iPhones, iPads, electronic games, computers, the list is endless. Most of these "gadgets" can be great educational tools. However, unless you are the designer of these gadgets, they usually don't encourage imagination and role playing which is also important in the education and growing of any child.
Fortunately, there are still many manual toys to stimulate the imagination of children in today's world of high technology. Toy furniture is a good example. Since toy furniture is just the right size and fit for little ones, it removes the feeling of intimidation which promotes interaction with others, and makes imaginary tasks easier to manage. Have you ever been to a daycare or preschool that toy furniture wasn't a part of its setting?
I can remember the year my parents joined together with some of the other neighborhood parents before Christmas. The plan was that each set of parents purchase toy furniture as gifts from Santa. One of the more talented parents actually made theirs from scratch and painted it to match the rest of the pieces. That Christmas, between all of us, we had a refrigerator, stove, sink, grill, table and chair set, picnic table, and some dishes. We had everything we needed to develop social skills, learn teamwork and problem solving, and build precious and unforgettable bonds between us. All in the name of playing, sharing and having fun! The benefits of these learning qualities are lifelong and important in a child's early years which is something technology rarely motivates.
My sisters, brothers, neighborhood kids, and I played for hours in imaginary fun cooking, barbequing, and socializing with the toy furniture we shared, without the aid of technology. There wasn't a holiday, birthday, anniversary, baseball championship, or any celebration we couldn't plan and see through to the end, TOGETHER. Even the cleanup process was fun! We neither missed or cared about watching television. Looking back, I honestly believe all of our parents became closer friends as well.
To this day, my parents still have our toy furniture pieces, and because they were wooden and well made, they were sturdy enough to accommodate their grandchildren and now great grandchildren. It's easy to see that the toy furniture has been well used, re-sanded and painted, but every piece is still in great condition to shape more young minds to come. Have you ever heard of an heirloom iPad?
There is so much a child can benefit from manual toys that cannot be achieved by electronics. Especially in the very early and impressionable years. If they can establish basic learning skills very early, they will stand a much better head start in life. It is up to us as adults to provide them with the means to accomplish that whether it is wooden or plastic toy furniture, or a decorated cardboard box and tin cans.
We specialize in children's toy furniture and accessories, both wooden and plastic. Our website [https://www.ToyKitchensWorld.com](https://www.ToyKitchensWorld.com) offers a wide variety to choose from to stimulate any child's imagination and to help develop healthy social and many other important lifelong skills.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense