Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- Author Isabelle Amatoury
- Published May 11, 2019
- Word count 528
You receive the news… You are pregnant! The excitement sets in. Your thoughts swing from wall colours to nappies. Nine months seems like a lifetime to wait for the arrival of your little one, but before you know it your baby is being placed in your arms and that’s when the real fun begins. The roller coaster of parenthood is filled with beautiful, rewarding and challenging moment. Toothless smiles, gurgling sounds and those first attempts and words and taking the first steps quickly turns endless feeds and sleepless nights into a distant memory.
One of the many decisions you may face is choosing a nursery or preschool for your child in Dubai. Selecting the right learning environment for your child, may seem like a daunting task so give yourself time and start the process early. Before you ask the Google-guru for assistance, take a moment to set the scene in your mind. Imagine what the environment of the nursery will be like, how teachers will interact with your child and how you as a parent will fit in the picture. Once you have this framework in place, it’s time to begin your search!
You will be spoilt for choice once you get started as there are endless choices. Recommendations from family & friends, search engines, Facebook and Instagram provide you with a platform to begin your search. A great way to narrow down your selection is to consider factors such as curriculum, location, cost, timings and if required, whether transportation & food is provided. Creating a clear picture of what you can afford, which curriculum you’d prefer, how far you are willing to travel and timings required, will drive your search questions. Pick your top 5 choices, schedule a tour and get ready to be flooded with information!
Think of your tours as speed dating sessions. Each nursery has a short period of time to make an impression on you. Every nursery will highlight areas that they excel in, in order to impress you. They want you to be wowed by their happy children, vibrant staff and phenomenal facilities. They want the relationship to continue beyond the initial tour. Nurseries will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Be confident, ask questions and be nosy during this time. It is up to you to ask the tough questions to encourage the nurseries to reveal their ethos and values and see if it aligns with your expectations. Take notes! You want to be able to jog your memory later, as you weigh up the pros and cons of each nursery.
Later when you sit down with a cup of tea, a pile of prospectus’s and your tour notes, try to recall how you felt at each location. There is no harm in asking for a second tour once you have compiled a shortlist. Remember, you know what is best for your child. Go with your gut feeling and apply to a nursery that you feel will suit your child’s needs. Forging a relationship with a nursery is one of the first investments you make in your child’s education. Choose wisely!
Isabelle Amatoury is the founder of Kid's Island Nursery in Dubai. Kid’s Island Nursery is a pre-school/ nursery located in Umm Suqeim/ Jumeirah. Its ethos centers on being an extended family for its parents. Delivering the British Curriculum for over 28 years, Kid’s Island Nursery has enriched the program with natural, innovative and exciting educational approaches.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- My 23 & Me Discovery
- Try These Experts Tips For A Spectacular Baby Shower Event
- Love never fails to share, heal, and give hope where hope does not always exist or show up, Dr. Marcia
- Things You Might be Doing That Limit Your Child's Creativity
- What Should Your Child do in an Emergency?
- Centaur Training Tips to Staying Safe Over Summer
- Best 10 Solid Wood Cribs for your baby
- Top Benefits Of The Outdoor Trampoline
- Berg Go Karts: A Guide to Buying Berg Karts Online
- Best Gift Ideas When Shopping For A New Baby
- What Exactly Are The Main Benefits Of Rectangular Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide - Why Parents Love Inground Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide for Trampolinists in Switzerland
- Better Sleep For Children
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know