Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Author Erick Osino
- Published May 28, 2019
- Word count 774
Teething in babies; sometimes referred to as "cutting teeth," refers to the appearance of the first teeth through the gums of the baby, typically arriving in pairs.
When do babies start teething
Teething can vary widely from one baby to the next. They typically start to come through between 6 and 12 months. Children usually have their full set of baby teeth in place by age 3. Teething can begin in infants as young as 2 months, even though the first tooth usually does not appear until about 6 months of age. When cutting through the gums, baby's teeth usually appears in the following order:
• 6 to 12 months: the central incisors
• 9 to 12 months: the lateral incisors
• 16 to 22 months: Canine
• 13 to 19 months: the first molars
• 25 to 36 months: the second molars
How to know your baby is teething
Teething is usually easy to identify in babies; however, for many, it is easy to misdiagnose teething in babies at two or three months, because this is the time when most babies usually start to drool and nibble on anything they can get their hands on, to try to relieve the pressure in the gums. Common symptoms of teething in babies include:
• Most babies have excessive drooling during the teething stage.
• Rash around the mouth or chin, as a result of the drool drying out the skin.
• Sore gums. Most babies experience this symptom when the teeth is starting to poke through the skin.
• Fussiness or irritability.
• Ear pulling or cheek rubbing when the pain in their gums travels to the eardrums and jaws.
• Refusal to eat or drink.
Teething is a normal part of every baby’s development and can be a challenging experience for both the baby and especially new parents. However, there are a few things that you can do to make the process a bit less miserable.
How to soothe the baby.
Massage/Rub baby`s, gums
If the tooth is still deep in the gum, applying pressure where it's about to erupt can be a huge relief for the baby. By rubbing the baby
s gums with your clean finger or cloth, the pressure applied can help ease the babys irritation.
Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are good bets for temporary pain relief, especially if your baby is cranky during the teething period; but It
s always safe to seek the doctors advice before giving your child any medication and only use it as prescribed.
Teething pain is like headache pain, it causes discomfort. You can often soothe your child simply by getting his mind off the pain. Offer him a new toy. In my experience, the Silicone Teething Mitten Baby Glove tops other teething toys. Silicone Mitten glove protects baby`s hands from becoming chapped from excess chewing and saliva and it stays on the baby’s hand comfortably with a secure velcro strap that makes it easy to carry around. The teething mitten glove will keep your baby entertained with its crinkle noise, attracting baby’s attention, and distracting the baby from the pain.
Remedies to avoid
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises parents not to use benzocaine teething gels on children younger than age two because it can cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that can lead to death.
At one point, teething necklaces especially the Amber necklace; were highly recommended as the to-go to remedy for easing the baby discomfort while teething. However, child health experts do not recommend teething necklace because your child may accidentally choke if the necklace breaks, and he/she swallows the beads. however, if you do choose to use one, ensure to put it on the baby`s wrist or ankle, and always watch your baby when he/she is wearing it.
"A baby's reaction to teething depends upon many factors, including his tolerance for pain, his personality, and how dense his gums are," says Michael Hanna, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Keep an eye on your baby’s temperature. Fever over 100.4 degrees is more likely caused by an illness and should be checked out by a doctor. Some signs of teething may actually be signs of illness for instance diarrhea, vomiting, rashes on the body, a higher fever, or cough and congestion. Call a doctor if symptoms worsen. The teething process lasts about two years, but after the first few teeth come in, the process tends to be much less painful. This may be a tough time for your baby (and you), but with a little help, he'll have a lifetime of happy smiles. To learn more, be sure and check out the author’s website.
Erick Osino is an Online Marketer, who loves to write articles and blogs, all latest news in Pregnancy, New Mom and Baby products and up to date information. To learn more, be sure and check out the author's website. http://www.best4babyandmom.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Love never fails to share, heal, and give hope where hope does not always exist or show up, Dr. Marcia
- Things You Might be Doing That Limit Your Child's Creativity
- What Should Your Child do in an Emergency?
- Centaur Training Tips to Staying Safe Over Summer
- Best 10 Solid Wood Cribs for your baby
- Top Benefits Of The Outdoor Trampoline
- Berg Go Karts: A Guide to Buying Berg Karts Online
- Best Gift Ideas When Shopping For A New Baby
- What Exactly Are The Main Benefits Of Rectangular Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide - Why Parents Love Inground Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide for Trampolinists in Switzerland
- Better Sleep For Children
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice