The Challenges of Parenting
- Author June Stepansky
- Published June 20, 2019
- Word count 287
A Lebonese poet and novelist Kahil Gibran (1883-1931) wrote some wise advice to parents about their children.
The following Quotes are from his book "The Prophet"
"Your children are not your children. They are life’s longing for itself
They live in the house of tomorrow which you cannot visit not even in your dreams."
It would be so much easier to be compatible with our children, if they were carbon copies of us. If their values were the same and their interests were like ours, we could more easily understand and communicate with them.
Unfortunately, relationships between parents and children are not quite that uncomplicated. Each child, who is allowed to discover his own self-identity, views the world in his own way, and we, as parents, must treat them, like any other relationship in our lives, with respect.
If, however, an adult son or daughter has very different views, it is often very difficult to allow them to follow the dictates of their own nature without reproach. This is especially difficult if we are worried that they may make some serious mistakes, but adult children must be allowed to make their choices, live their lives, even make their mistakes and still find parents who will be there to give them emotional help, if needed.
A parent’s role is to be emotionally available and an adult child’s role is to eventually become a happy, strong, loving individual. The relationship between parents and their adult children is a constantly changing and growing bond which hopefully will grow stronger and more loving with the years as both parents and their children continue to work on their relationship and try to make it more understanding and more fulfilling.
June Stepansky is a writer and poet who writes about happiness, self-improvement and social and political firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Without a Father at Home: Single Mother
- HOW TO PRODUCTIVELY ENGAGE A CHILD AT HOME
- 5 Reasons Why Your Child Should Receive In Home Tutoring During The Summer
- How To Manage Challenging Behaviour
- What Are The Different Parenting Styles?
- My 23 & Me Discovery
- Try These Experts Tips For A Spectacular Baby Shower Event
- Love never fails to share, heal, and give hope where hope does not always exist or show up, Dr. Marcia
- Things You Might be Doing That Limit Your Child's Creativity
- What Should Your Child do in an Emergency?
- Centaur Training Tips to Staying Safe Over Summer
- Best 10 Solid Wood Cribs for your baby
- Top Benefits Of The Outdoor Trampoline
- Berg Go Karts: A Guide to Buying Berg Karts Online
- Best Gift Ideas When Shopping For A New Baby
- What Exactly Are The Main Benefits Of Rectangular Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide - Why Parents Love Inground Trampolines
- Trampoline Guide for Trampolinists in Switzerland
- Better Sleep For Children
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids