The Challenges of Parenting
- Author June Stepansky
- Published June 20, 2019
- Word count 287
A Lebonese poet and novelist Kahil Gibran (1883-1931) wrote some wise advice to parents about their children.
The following Quotes are from his book "The Prophet"
"Your children are not your children. They are life’s longing for itself
They live in the house of tomorrow which you cannot visit not even in your dreams."
It would be so much easier to be compatible with our children, if they were carbon copies of us. If their values were the same and their interests were like ours, we could more easily understand and communicate with them.
Unfortunately, relationships between parents and children are not quite that uncomplicated. Each child, who is allowed to discover his own self-identity, views the world in his own way, and we, as parents, must treat them, like any other relationship in our lives, with respect.
If, however, an adult son or daughter has very different views, it is often very difficult to allow them to follow the dictates of their own nature without reproach. This is especially difficult if we are worried that they may make some serious mistakes, but adult children must be allowed to make their choices, live their lives, even make their mistakes and still find parents who will be there to give them emotional help, if needed.
A parent’s role is to be emotionally available and an adult child’s role is to eventually become a happy, strong, loving individual. The relationship between parents and their adult children is a constantly changing and growing bond which hopefully will grow stronger and more loving with the years as both parents and their children continue to work on their relationship and try to make it more understanding and more fulfilling.
June Stepansky is a writer and poet who writes about happiness, self-improvement and social and political email@example.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children