MCS Multicast Switch for Next Generation ROADM
- Author Bella Tse
- Published July 6, 2019
- Word count 384
Multicast optical switch（MCS）is based on PLC technology and MEMS technology，which can route any optical input to any output. It is a key component in the next generation of Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer (ROADM) system.
What is ROADM?
ROADM is one of the Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (OADMs) that add or remove one or more optical signals from wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) transmission network link. The device can be used in Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems. It allows for remote configuration and reconfiguration and can redirect add/drop signal wavelength. That is to say, in the middle of the network line, the wavelength of the add or drop signal can be redistributed to achieve flexible network configuration.
Multicast optical switch（MCS）is one of the core devices in the reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplex system. Coupled with the wavelength selective switch (WSS), Multicast switches are designed to be used in a next-generation ROADM node to achieve wavelength independent, direction independent, and no conflicts. Directing any wavelength to any port is the wavelength independent; Accepting input wavelength channels from multiple different directions is the direction independent; Ability to drop two identical wavelengths from different directions through the same switch is the no conflicts. This is of great significance for achieving flexibility and low cost of network construction.
The structure of MCS
As shown in the figure, two independent MCS units are integrated into a single module; Each unit is composed of M independent 1x16 PLC Splitters and N independent 1x8 MEMS optical switches. M×N MCS helps to route optical direction from N add(or drop) to M ports.
With the continuous expansion of network scale and the increasing demand for cross nodes and capacity of upper and lower channels, WSS+MCS will be a smarter choice for a new generation of CDC-ROADM by telecom operators and system operators. Simple, flexible and unrestricted network resource allocation capabilities, and greatly reduce the operating costs of operators.
HYC Co., Ltd（HYC）is a national Hi-tech optoelectronics company engaged in R&D, manufacture, and marketing of fiber optical products. Providing professional product and service for fiber connectivity, WDM, PLC splitter, and high-density datacom cabling. HYC products and solutions widely applied in 4G/5G, Data Center and Cloud Computing industry, etc.
HYC Co.,Ltd（HYC）is a national Hi-tech optoelectronics company engaged in R&D, manufacture and marketing of fiber optical products. Providing professional product and service for fiber connectivity,WDM, PLC splitter and high density datacom cabling. HYC products and solutions widely applied in 4G/5G, Data Center and Cloud Computing industry etc.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Concerns Do Enterprises Have When Choosing Network Monitoring Software?
- Spectrum Router Red Light: Troubleshooting Guide and Solutions
- Web Development Made Easy: Why Outsourcing is the Smart Choice
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- Enhancing Business Communication with 3CX: A Powerful Unified Communications Solution
- How to Fix "No Signal, Please Check Your Antenna Connection" Error
- AN INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET MARKETING
- Passwordless is the New Cyber Security, Emir Ceric’s Meveto Transform Verification, Logging In and Remote Sign Out
- The Ultimate Guide to Master YouTube and Monetization
- Preventing data theft in an enterprise environment
- The Art Of Cold Calling [Mastery In Seven Simple Steps]
- Quantum Computing and the future of IT Security
- 5G TECHNOLOGY AND IOT: HOW DO THESE TRENDS RELATE?
- SkyVPN Launches New Gaming Servers with Dedicated Servers for PUBG
- Smm reseller panel
- Steps to Transfer Files Using Kindle Desktop Application
- Save time on your FTP updates with FTPGetter Professional
- Add a file hosting and sharing service to your site with YetiShare
- Business Networking Tips for Beginners
- Using Virtual Serial Ports in Proteus
- Network Security Checklist for All Types of Businesses
- Create Your Own File-Hosting Website with YetiShare
- Cat5 cable vs Cat6 Cables: What are the Contrast?
- Automate FTP Downloads and Uploads with FTPGetter Professional
- On Demand Freelance Marketplace For Field Engineers
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Services in San Francisco
- VMware vSAN, why we use it
- Advantages and Disadvantages of hiring this professional companies
- Modern Office Design Builds Bonding And Branding