Focus on Your Mental Health to Improve Your Physical Health
- Author Greg Gillaird
- Published November 6, 2020
- Word count 592
Many tend to view those who've attained varying degrees of notoriety as anomalies, who were simply born to be successful. The truth is, many of the individuals we look up to were just like us at some point. What separated them from the rest was the decision they made in their lives to improve their mental and physical health, so they could be successful.
Social media has contributed to the development of many disorders, as people go on these platforms and see the lives of people they admire and believe they'll never be able to achieve what they have been able to accomplish because of perceived inherent defaults, which unfortunately creates feelings of inadequacy, and those negative feelings sometimes manifest in the form of intrusive suicidal thoughts. When we dig deeper, to understand the origins of those emotions, the root cause almost always stems from unhappiness with themselves.
Common issues that lead to intrusive thoughts include:
Poor Physical Health
Poor physical health isn't restricted to just being overweight. If you have a poor diet and or smoke, it could put you at risk of developing serious illnesses such as heart and respiratory diseases, which hinders your body's ability to function properly, physically, and cognitively.
Poor Mental Health
When our bodies are in poor shape, it is usually a reflection of our state of mind. A common culprit that triggers the deterioration of the body is depression.
How to Stop Intrusive Suicidal Thoughts
Transforming your mental and physical mindset won't happen overnight, but you can take steps in the right direction by:
Incorporating some form of physical activity (i.e., running, swimming, biking, etc.) into your daily routine can help reduce the risk of developing illnesses, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and obesity. On top of the physical benefits, exercise can also improve your mental health. Specifically, when you work out, endorphins and serotonin are released, which helps to improve your mood and reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
When it comes to dieting, the goal isn't to stop you from eating your favorite foods. The objective is discipline. It is important to remember that your body is a machine, and for it to function properly, you must take care of it. That means reducing the amount of sugar you consume, eating smaller portions, and finding healthier alternatives. A diet rich in vegetables and natural protein can improve your mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Mediation is a powerful technique that can help individuals overcome mental obstacles. It works to accomplish this objective by slowing down our minds and boosting our ability to focus, retain information, and control our emotions. Common modes of meditation include focusing on our breathing, repeating phrases or words, and ignoring intrusive thoughts. You can use whatever method works for you, just remember the goal to achieve a relaxed state.
- Acknowledging your Successes
While this may sound cliché, it is important in building a healthy perspective. When you make a mistake, don't beat yourself up about it. And when you achieve success, no matter how small, acknowledge it. You'll need every bit of encouragement and motivation on your journey to self-improvement.
Transforming your mental and physical health is going to take an immense amount of effort to accomplish, but when you look back at what you endured to live the life you live, you'll be grateful that you took on the challenge and proud that you succeeded. "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins
Greg Gillaird is the CEO & Founder of SuccessMinded Maverick. A personal development company founded in 2016 dedicated to educating, motivating and empowering people around the world to develop the right mindset for success in life. Greg is certified as a Master NLP Practitioner and EFT Practitioner.
Greg's passion for what he does is shown through his continually work and development of https://www.successmindedmaverick.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Five ways a career coach supercharges your progress
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- Successful People's Habits. What Gurus teach us. 160 Tips
- Standing Out During COVID-19 Job Hunting
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe