Finding Your Marriage Celebrant
- Author Meggan Brummer
- Published February 17, 2023
- Word count 355
More often than not, couples have no previous experience with planning a wedding. This lack of experience can make some processes feel a bit daunting, perhaps none more so than choosing the vendors you work with for your wedding day. With a caterer, you can at least sample their food.
With a photographer you can view other weddings they have shot... but how do you choose your marriage celebrant?
There are a number of important considerations If you take the approach that price is the only thing that matters and look for the best bargain you're taking a chance. A service is being provided where they are being paid for both their time and their experience. A celebrant with greater experience and who invests more of their time and attention on individual ceremonies will rightfully charge more for their services. So in that sense, it’s a bit like insurance – you pay a premium for peace of mind. Because if there is one day you want things to really go well and not have any stress to deal with it's your wedding day.
The search of course begins with Google. If you're looking for celebrants in a major city such as Sydney, your options are vast. So here it helps to already know something about the 'vibe' you're looking for on your wedding day. Check out their reviews on their Google business profile (the map results). There should be lots of reviews (so you can see they're experienced). You'll realise at this point they tend to also only have 5-star reviews.
People tend to be a lot more positive with wedding day reviews than if they're paying someone to repair their washing machine. So look at the content of the reviews. The ones which are a simple 'thanks' are not useful, look for the detailed reviews - these will really give you the best confirmation of whether someone is your 'vibe' or not.
Aim to meet with 3 celebrants. Get each to send you a quote and when making your choice, it is important to carefully read their service agreement.
Good luck with your big day.
There are no posted comments.
- Famous Celeb Weddings in 2022 and Just Around the Corner
- Ask Me Anything: 10 Answers to Your Questions About Wedding rings
- The Best Rings for a Witch or Wizard!
- How many people should I invite to a wedding?
- Weddings in the USA vs. UK
- The Best Eco-Friendly Wedding Rings
- 11 Habits That's Killing Your Marriage
- Get Married like Harry Potter Themed Wedding
- BE IN TIME
- 13 Amazing Traditional Wedding Vows That Will Inspire Yours
- Top 5 Bangladeshi Matrimonial Sites To Follow in 2021
- How Do You Know When It's Time To Quit A Relationship?
- What Makes for Professional Wedding Photography Skills?
- How to Hire a Wedding Planner For Your Big Day
- CONSANGUINEOUS MARRIAGE AND GENETIC BABIES : HIGH RISK OF DISEASE TO BE INHERITED
- Simple Way to Fix Your Broken Marriage Relationship
- The Truth About What Men Hate!
- A Guide to Choosing Bridal Bouquets
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding