What About Potty Training Underwear?
- Author Paul Easton
- Published July 29, 2008
- Word count 398
Once you have reached the decision to begin potty training your child, it's time to prepare. Most children stay in diapers at night during early potty training and wear potty training underwear during the day both to make it easier to get to the toilet when they need to and to get used to being out of diapers.
The Problem with Disposable Diapers
Most disposable diapers are made now with tapes that can be refastened, tempting many parents to use them during potty training. The disadvantages are these:
The child doesn't feel wet. Disposable diapers are designed to wick moisture away from the child's skin. During potty training, a child needs to come to dislike the feeling of being wet as one of the motivators to use the potty instead.
They send the wrong message. If your child has bought in to the idea of learning to use the potty as a step toward becoming a "big kid", he will be confused by wearing "baby" diapers.
They are expensive. If you are throwing away and put on a new diaper every time your child uses the potty or has a minor accident, the cost of disposable diapers will add up quickly.
Since it will probably be quite a while before your child is able to get through the night dry, it is perfectly fine to use disposable diapers at night.
Training pants are made of thick, absorbent material fashioned into underpants. These can be very useful for potty training because they pull up and down like underpants, but can still absorb an accident.
These are miniature versions of regular underwear. The advantage is they are usually decorated with cartoon characters or other designs that capture your child's interest. Letting your child choose his favorite underwear can go a long way toward keeping him motivated during potty training. The disadvantage of these are they are not at all absorbent. One accident will leave a puddle on the floor or the couch.
These are designed to be used over training pants or underwear. They are very helpful during nap time and later when your child starts potty training at night.
There will probably be times when each of the different types of potty training underwear will be appropriate, so it may be a good idea to have some of each on hand.
There are no posted comments.
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19
- Why the First Five Years of is the Most Important in Your Child's Life
- Five Tips for Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Why You Should Purchase A Personal Finance Software For Your Teenagers
- 10 Simple Rules for Fathers to Avoid Mistakes When Raising a Daughter
- 10 Mistakes Most Parents Regret Making while Raising kids
- The Challenges of Parenting
- Signs of Teething and How to Alleviate Baby`s Teething Pain
- Choosing the right Nursery in Dubai for your child
- 7 Best Mother's Day Flowers 2019
- Preschools in Bountiful
- Guideline For Finding Age-Appropriate Toys For Your Infant and Toddler
- Walking and Cycling to School: The Lessons Your Children Need to Know
- The Changing Tables Has Been Keeping An Eye For New Releases
- A pressure cooker can be quite a better choice
- Child development
- The Importance of Mothers
- Surrogacy - Your Last Best Hope to Childless Couples
- Know If You Are Choosing The Best Infertility Doctor for Yourself
- IVF Clinic in Delhi - Offers Superlative Treatment Facilities to Childless Couples
- Get To Be Parents - Accept the Boons of the Modern Science
- Tips for Your Child's Happy Bedtime
- Hiring a Babysitter
- How Much Should You Pay Your Sitter?
- A Family Law Attorney Fort Worth Will Help You Solve Issues With Your Spouse
- Situational Awareness - the Best Defense
- Bring Back Traditional Toys for Children
- Importance Of Children's Dramatic Play