Motorcycle Trailer Hitches
- Author Elizabeth Morgan
- Published October 17, 2006
- Word count 317
Heavy-duty vehicles like trucks and sport utility vehicles are not the only ones that can haul cargo. It may be hard to believe, but motorcycles can be equipped with hitches as well. Motorcycle trailer hitches can be added to motorcycles to allow riders to haul up to several hundred pounds of materials. These are not the only type of motorcycle trailers available. Other trailers that attach to trucks are designed to haul the motorcycles themselves.
Motorcycle trailer hitches can usually be attached to a motorcycle without making any alterations on the motorcycle itself. They are often secured around existing parts of the motorcycle. These trailer hitches are perfect for motorcycle riders taking a long cross country trip that need to pack a large amount of supplies. There are specific trailers made just for motorcycles that attach to these hitches. Different types of hitches are made specifically for use on certain makes of motorcycles. To ensure that the hitch will fit on the motorcycle, it is important to buy the correct hitch for the exact motorcycle make and model. Generally, 500 pounds is the maximum weight limit that motorcycle trailer hitches can bear. Motorcycle trailer hitches usually use hitch ball and mount similar to those found on trucks.
Other motorcycle trailers are made to transport the actual motorcycles. These trailers attach to standard hitches found on many pickups. They are good for towing non-operational motorcycles or hauling the motorcycle over especially rough terrain or over long distances. Some motorcycle trailers are large enough to contain up to three motorcycles at once. The trailers are usually open air, meaning that they do not provide cover or protection from the elements.
Motorcycle trailer hitches allow riders to take necessary supplies with them on long journeys. Without a motorcycle trailer, it would be impossible for many bikers to take the items they need over the course of a trip along with them.
Trailer Hitch Covers provides detailed information on Trailer Hitches, Trailer Hitch Covers, Trailer Hitch Accessories, Motorcycle Trailer Hitches and more. Trailer Hitch Covers is affiliated with Tractor Tires.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles