Top five trucks for gas mileage
- Author Rich Marsiglia
- Published October 29, 2006
- Word count 538
A few years ago, people would scoff at you if you told them that you were looking for trucks with the best gas mileage. But, as truck sales began to slip downwards, manufacturers started giving due importance to this factor. Today, there has been a dramatic change in the scenario.
The rising costs of gas, has propelled potential truck buyers to go for trucks that can meet their gas mileage demands. Truck makers have now taken firm steps to improve the fuel economy of their makes at all levels.
Usually the ranking of the top five trucks based on gas mileage is founded on a combination factors. The prime parameters are the fuel economy rating given by EPA, the transmission of the vehicle, and its inherent popularity amongst car buyers. The formula for calculation for most gas mileage rankings is a combination of the city mpg rating, which forms 55 percent of criterion, and the highway mpg rating that completes the remaining criteria.
It is really very difficult to bring forth a list that enumerates the top 5 trucks on the basis of fuel efficiency. Not one, not two, but three trucks hold the first rank. This spot is shared by the 2006 Ford Ranger one of the premier trucks that are out in the market today. Ford has made it a point to come out with trucks that offer the best gas mileage. This is why most of their newer models find a place on the best gas mileage list year after year.
However, all the trucks, which feature in the list, have the same engine; the 2006 Ford Ranger is a supremely refined version of its older model that came out in 2005. It has the better off-road capability then other trucks in the rankings and is one of the best alternatives in your search for a truck giving you the best gas mileage.
The completely redesigned 2006 Toyota Tacoma comes next in the list. The Toyota Tacoma is one of the roomier trucks available in the market and its looks are an epitome of sophistication. The only disadvantage of the 2006 Toyota Tacoma is its price tag. It is more expensive then the others.
If you are looking for something on the cheaper side then the 2006 Mazda B-series is the truck that you must go for. A fuel-efficient truck delivers on its promise. It is called in some circles as the bargain pickup truck. Don’t expect styling and comfort but you do get an unashamed practicality with this vehicle.
The Toyota Tundra is the next in line of your picks. It comes with 4.0 liter V6 engine that is geared to give you competitive gas mileage. The truck gives you a mileage of 20 /mpg on the highway and a 16/mpg when you drive in the city.
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comes a close fifth in the rankings. It comes with a mild hybrid engine that enables the electric motor to keep the vehicles running when idle so the gas engine can be shut off.
Description: When looking for trucks with great gas mileage, the list can be pretty large. You will have a wide variety to choose from. Select the one that best suits your requirement. This article lists out the top five!
Rich Marsiglia, ATM Restyle Truck Accessories | Tonneau Covers | Nerf Bars.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles